• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 2014 General Discussion

Geos

Well let's be fair Detroit has not seen a major event in decades so I know what he's looking for until then he won't be super thrilled

Actually detroit has seen dozens of major snowstorms the last few decades, just not the epic ones. I don't know how many times we have to go through this and it has to be brought up when discussing anything. We Just had the most epic winter we will ever see and THAT is STILL brought up. The obsession is sick lol. One time powerball said the historic snow depths were bad becsuse they gave the illusion of an epic snowstorm to the general public :lmao: im paraphrasing but thats what was said. Id pay money to have a summer with highs in the 50s and 60s and lows in the 30s and 40s with no sun every day, not to mention constant rain, then have a major historic derecho swing thru late August and tell the summer lovers...see..best summer ever!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit 44° here today. Pretty much just snow piles left now. 

Lots of birds chattering today and even saw a few chipmunks for the first time this season.

Backyard pond is 100% open now.

Sunset tonight. Sun setting directly at the end of the road.

1010141_10203512420158060_210382285_n.jp

I use to live on a due E/W road in Indiana and it was a ritual of mine to take a Spring/Autumn equinox pic each year.

Love this pic, thx!!

Actually detroit has seen dozens of major snowstorms the last few decades, just not the epic ones. I don't know how many times we have to go through this and it has to be brought up when discussing anything. We Just had the most epic winter we will ever see and THAT is STILL brought up. The obsession is sick lol. One time powerball said the historic snow depths were bad becsuse they gave the illusion of an epic snowstorm to the general public :lmao: im paraphrasing but thats what was said. Id pay money to have a summer with highs in the 50s and 60s and lows in the 30s and 40s with no sun every day, not to mention constant rain, then have a major historic derecho swing thru late August and tell the summer lovers...see..best summer ever!!!

+1

Josh that sounds like a terrible summer. That's like Churchill, Manitoba summer weather. Why the lack of sun in the summer?

I should have powerball proofed my post lol. 6 storms of 6"+ (4 of which were 8"+ and 2 of which were 10"+) in a winter THIS cold is extraordinary. Remember...you are talking to someone who likes winter for WINTER not any one storm. I hope for your sake Detroit gets buried in a 4 foot storm next winter...but for me the bar has been set. Never will see another WINTER like this.

Been wondering about this, and although things weren't quite as epic here as they were in DTW, it was still a historic winter.

As the snow continues to melt and the rivers freeze up, it makes me wonder if I didn't appreciate this winter enough as it was happening. I tried to experience it as much as I could, but after the stats have been tallied I wish I would have known we were experiencing an epic winter back in December. Will we be looking back for years hoping for another Winter '13-'14?

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone I guess.

Been wondering about this, and although things weren't quite as epic here as they were in DTW, it was still a historic winter.

As the snow continues to melt and the rivers freeze up, it makes me wonder if I didn't appreciate this winter enough as it was happening. I tried to experience it as much as I could, but after the stats have been tallied I wish I would have known we were experiencing an epic winter back in December. Will we be looking back for years hoping for another Winter '13-'14?

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone I guess.

Yes for many area's in the GLs this '13-'14 winter will be a measuring stick for years to come.

Josh that sounds like a terrible summer. That's like Churchill, Manitoba summer weather. Why the lack of sun in the summer?

That is a terrible summer lol. I was using it as a mock example of how no matter how extreme a season is, those of us who choose to enjoy (or dislike) the season based on the whole season performance constantly get reminded that by some an entire season is soley defined as a 1-2 day snowstorm or a 1 day severe weather outbreak. If I drew up summer it would be days on end of puffy cumulus, lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s (which is still not popular on this board :lol: ) with the occasional thunderstorm to keep away drought.

Archived