e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 2014 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the darkest day here since the fall. We've had cloudy days of course but very little sunlight seems to be getting through today with thick, dark clouds hanging over.

Light rain on and off throughout the day, most of the precip has missed the city.

Classic dreary spring afternoon... somewhat depressing yet rather satisfying as its a change from the grip of winter.

Boy, what a dud of a system.  The models way overdid the precip across east-central Iowa.  I only got 0.02".  My March total is only 0.33" and the rest of the month looks very dry.

Next week looks dreadful.

Yeah this system was a joke.  Picked up 0.08" here.  0.37" for the month.  Just a terrible stretch of boring/cold weather.

More snow piles in people's yards are not that big around here^ anymore. My max snow pile is about 16" tall now. 

Pretty cool that it's 9pm and still above freezing out!  :lmao:

My piles that were 6 feet tall in Feb are now down to like a foot and a half at their peak and have shrunken majorly (get full sun)..yet neighbor across the street always has a big pile which gets zero sun and its still very big. Goes to show you what the sun vs shade does.

Just noted that if it does not hit 32° by midnight, then today will be the first day since December 4th, that the temperature was above freezing all day!

Accomplished. Only hit 33°.

---

Lol, what snow!? Not one flake here. Sun is actually starting to break through the clouds.

Today is the first day, per 1981-10 normals, that LAF averages an above freezing min temperature. Normal max temps are already in the low 50's and get to 57º by the end of the month. Time flies.

-8.1º for this March thus far at LAF. Hasn't felt it though, because seemingly, every day lately is sunny and absolutely boring as hell.

we had massive parachutes...grass nearly covered in 20 minutes.

worst climo

Zzzzz here.

Didn't expect to hear about snow in the region this morning.

Especially given the forecasted highs today.

Trace of snow this morning. Few patches left but by far mostly grass and piles. Living south of detroit in suburbia means slightly warmer temps than those north of Detroit and not the insane drifting to our south in monroe county (we had enough lol) so now that the deep snow has melted we have the least noticeable amount of remnant snow despite having incredible depths just a few weeks ago. Still despite the remnants once the snow is on its deathbed arent worth it...i prefered my 20"+ snowpack to the fields of monroe littered with 6 foot drifts and spots low enough to see pickers. Now it will be interesting to see when the plow piles go.

Archived