Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Much Colder Than Normal March Pattern Continues

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013-14 has 32 days with a max 32 or lower now...the average is 19 since 1930...1976-77 and 1917-18 had the most days 32 or lower with 45......

#....winter....since 1930

45 in 1976-77

42 in 1977-78

39 in 1935-36

38 in 1933-34

32 in 2013-14

32 in 1947-48

31 in 2002-03

31 in 1993-94

30 in 1995-96

30 in 1980-81

the average days the minimum was 32 or lower is 75 since 1930...We have that now and will add at least seven more days...Since 1990 KNYC is averaging around 65 days with a minimum 32 or lower...

I dig the cold. I just went outside for a couple minutes to savor the crisp, frigid air. It's refreshing, invigorating, cleansing, and the sky is just crystal clear with the Big Dipper studded prominently overhead. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather it be snowing and 28F than clear and 8, but these are the nights I'll long for in the lethargic doldrums of midsummer.

I wouldn't say I'm "fascinated" by the cold, though I always love to see a record or two blown out of the water, but it just feels good to me.

I dig the cold. I just went outside for a couple minutes to savor the crisp, frigid air. It's refreshing, invigorating, cleansing, and the sky is just crystal clear with the Big Dipper studded prominently overhead. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather it be snowing and 28F than clear and 8, but these are the nights I'll long for in the lethargic doldrums of midsummer.

I wouldn't say I'm "fascinated" by the cold, though I always love to see a record or two blown out of the water, but it just feels good to me.

Yeah me too, love the cold... Even now in my 50's I love watching my temp drop on cold nights hoping to set a record. Don't know how many folks on here have their own weather stations but if you don't and your able you really should... just so much more fun to watch and record readings from your own back yard than to check central park every hour.

The 00z Euro was 1.00"-1.50" QPF for the area all frozen between hours 196 and 240. Yes I know it's way out their but the Euro has been consistent. Initial cutter and great secondary development. Because of the positioning of the PV it has no choice but to redevelop.

EPS control run was 12-18" from Wilmington to Hartford.

we are at the time of year when there is a wide spread between the max and min temperature...a 20 degree spread is common this time of year and thru the warm season...NYC could make it into the low 30's with sun all day but its been p'cldy so upper 20's will probably be the max today...

It was nearly as cold in VA (low of -8 in Warrenton, -5 in Staunton) as it was in NY (low of -13 in Saranac Lake, -7 in Jamestown) overnight.

Per twitter Toms River got to -2 last night which set a record for lowest March temperature ever.

Heard that Baltimore also set the same record with -4.

Per twitter Toms River got to -2 last night which set a record for lowest March temperature ever.

Heard that Baltimore also set the same record with -4.

Yea I never saw negative temps growing up back home in March, and we get below 0 pretty much every year.

The low at BWI was 4, but yes, it is the lowest March temp ever recorded there.

Archived