wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Lol Monday night sneaky event

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those numbers seem high to me for the most part. Certainly GGEM is nowhere remotely close to 0.8. 0.35-0.4".

Yea, I'm not sure what the heck I was looking at with the gem. It's .35-40 as you said. 18z nam is .08 in dc. .15 line starts in howard county. 

GFS and Euro are from the high res close in panels. 

I'm about 4 miles east of Long Corner Road in Northwestern HoCo (3 miles south of Carroll County line). Nice winter so far in these parts. Hopefully more to come before Spring.

MDstorm

No doubt about the winter...beautiful country where you are...some of my favorite "clear my head drives" are in your neck of the woods. I frequent the Orchard near you...the name escapes me.

The QPF did but the vort and low tracking to our north usually isn't great for us. We do have some confluence up to the north that sort of kills the low but it's a funny looking system but it is coming in at the right time of day

Sim. radar looks like a squall line. Reminds me of a quick hitting powerful warm front that essentially ended the good period in 87 after the two storms. Some areas got 2-4 inches in a 1-2 whiteout. Most areas got 1-2.

The QPF did but the vort and low tracking to our north usually isn't great for us. We do have some confluence up to the north that sort of kills the low but it's a funny looking system but it is coming in at the right time of day

It's definitely a goofy way fo get snow. If the wave spacing wasn't so tight it would be rain for sure. Kinda lucky with the fresh cold hp hanging on and overnight period.

We could be good for a quick 1-3. Hard to think much upside unless the vorts digs. Kinda short lead. Non American models seem to wait to dig it further south. It's a bonus event so if it goes to heck I won't lose much sleep.

Archived