joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lol Monday night sneaky event

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is our area becoming a snow town again? I think at the very least we get some accum snow monday night. Even if it switches we should score something to stick in the snow totals thread. 

idk Bob, today pretty much put us back in the corner, facing the wall where we've been the past 4 years

but I do believe the worm has turned for us generally speaking in that it can snow here again

Is our area becoming a snow town again? I think at the very least we get some accum snow monday night. Even if it switches we should score something to stick in the snow totals thread. 

we are finding weird ways to snow....thats not a bad thing

idk Bob, today pretty much put us back in the corner, facing the wall where we've been the past 4 years

but I do believe the worm has turned for us generally speaking in that it can snow here again

I was mostly referring to getting a ku and then missing out on a nice upper level feature but then another threat comes into focus in less than 72 hours. Last year we would have tracked today for 10 days, failing, and then nothing on the horizon. 

Now some potential is showing up inside of day 10 on the tail. This winter has been non stop track and we are all doing quite well. With this being said, I too feel like we wasted a nice op today. Oh well. I'll shovel my 5" Tuesday morning with a smile. 

The temps and airmass in place for this system is certainly a better one than today. 

Definitely. Today was very marginal even up here. We might have done okay if we got some good rates but the snow never got any heavier than -sn. The system never came together and no bands developed. Models hinted at this type of outcome. Hopefully the next event will just be a precipitation field heading right for us. 6-8 hour type deal that strikes fast and hard and then drizzle.

DO YOU SEE IT TRENDING ANYMORE QPF..I MEAN ISAW JMA..LOL..BUT THAT ENCOURAGIN IF WE CAN GET SAY .80 ALL SNOW..SORRY CAPS...

No, I don't think .80 is a realistic expectation. It's a fast moving vort with limited moisture. .25 - .50 would be a reasonable expectation. We'll see how guidance goes the next 2 days. 

ETA: and we're on the waa side of the low pressure. The only way I could see us getting totals like that would be a deeper dig and ending up on the nw side of the low. Nothing is pointing to that outcome. 

No, I don't think .80 is a realistic expectation. It's a fast moving vort with limited moisture. .25 - .50 would be a reasonable expectation. We'll see how guidance goes the next 2 days. 

ETA: and we're on the waa side of the low pressure. The only way I could see us getting totals like that would be a deeper dig and ending up on the nw side of the low. Nothing is pointing to that outcome. 

actually, the JMA has it further south than other models Bob which is the reason for its pecip amts.

SREFs like it too, can't be certain with the mean amount with the ncep maps, but definitely .25+

0-lne passes us after the precip ends it looks like too

can't find my plume link unfortuantely

Very nice look on the individual members except for the NMB's, but there are several nice hits in there > .4 qpf and temps are solid.

actually, the JMA has it further south than other models Bob which is the reason for its pecip amts.

Oops. I never look at the jma. We'll see how guidance today handles the departing cape cod blaster. Nam already looks much more amped @ 42 than the gfs @ 48. Departing low over the ne is a little slower so heights in front may favor a more southern track.  

Oops. I never look at the jma. We'll see how guidance today handles the departing cape cod blaster. Nam already looks much more amped @ 42 than the gfs @ 48. Departing low over the ne is a little slower so heights in front may favor a more southern track.  

today's system went way south so I have a hunch this will trend south too, though not as far as today's (but we don't need or want it that far!)

Archived