joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lol Monday night sneaky event

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do well. Not a single winter season with < 9". In fact, only two on record with < 10". And they've gone above average 50% of the time in the last two decades. That's pretty good.

I know you guys hate Philadelphians, but at least we can join together & hate New Yorkers. I'm jealous of Boston right now looking at the radar.

18z RGEM at 54 -- Suggests/shows that it is starting to snow in the I-81 corridor 00z MON (7pm MON).  850's def cold enough, -5 or so for most of us (this includes MRB/JYO/IAD/FDK/BWI/DCA/CHO/EZF) so it would appear that decent CAD is in place.  This can be further supported by the 2mT maps, which show the 0 degree Celsius line basically being the NC/VA border.  This would suggest, to me, that we are likely upper 20s... so whatever precip comes in should be in the form of snow

18z GFS is ok....about 0.25 fo DC...I am not too enthused...I imagine this will all crumble and nail York.....I'm expecting some light rain/snow...maybe 0.25" if I am lucky...congrats to Westminster and Millersville

Looks fine to me... as long as we expect only like a 1-2 inch event... hits us from about 11pm to 5am.  Soundings look fine

.31 for DC. 

If we want to believe it, the Raleigh snow maps have some of us in the 2-3 inches zone... mainly the 4 most northern counties in VA (Fairfax, Loudoun, Clarke, Frederick) DC, BWI, IAD, JYO, and most of C MD including the panhandle area of WV

Soundings are good for the entire column for all of us to see some snow... surface is in the upper 20s and 850s decently below zero... no warm nose in there whatsoever

Yea, but I can't hate hberg. His yard is ok. the rest...well...they can suck it. lol

Nam sucks for the monday night event. Toss that thing like a rotten leftover sub in the back of the fridge.

Hoagie.

I know you guys hate Philadelphians, but at least we can join together & hate New Yorkers. I'm jealous of Boston right now looking at the radar.

Not me. I grew up 15 minutes from Center City, and m whole family, save me and three cousins, still live in South or Central Jersey.

I'm just shocked at how well Philly has done the last few years, all things considered.

Archived