joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First sleet started at 10:10AM.  A mix of snow and sleet now, but much lighter than it has been.

11.2" new snow.  Total snow depth is now 20"

No complaints here.

11.5 inches of new snow in Port Jefferson as of 10:15 AM. Snow still falling, but lighter, and a bit of sleet was observed in the last hour.  Also in the neighborhood of 20 inches of snow on the ground.        

7.5" down.  Temp 30 -- Back to all heavy snow here, Sourland Mtn, Western Somerset cty, elev. 460'.  NOTE: this is some of the hardest snow I've ever had to measure, lots of blowing and existing snowpack.  I measured 11" in ALOT of places, but this is one time where I believe my sheltered car top provides the best measuring spot!

RGEM has been the worst with this storm

Yeah its probably had its worst performance so far this winter, its actually even more W than the RAP overnight which given the RAP's bias is suspicious, the NAM may be too optimistic but the RGEM may be too far west...if I had to choose a place to be tonight I'd probably say the corridor from New Brunswick up through Patterson, anywhere east of that may just miss the heaviest bands

Archived