Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morris County (southern) Gillette

Has been ripping snow all morning under that heavy band.

Easily 12-13" and still s+

Have not it snow this hard since 2/83 and 1/96.

Just amazing.  Band just sitting there.  HAve to believe it will just start to shrink

as back end/dry slot continues to make good steady progress north.

Dry slot coming through, mostly sleet/drizzle. I'm not gonna bet on the CCB tonight since it'll probably be further to my north but I'll keep my hopes up. The storm right after this, however,  is getting more interesting.

where are you located?

Follow the HRRR tonite . Check the radar to the south , thats the most serious deformation wrap around babe i have ever seen 

The GFS is too far N with the heaviest snow tonite . The HRRR has been the Varsity this year in the short term .

The HRRR  will take the heaviest snow all the way thru NJ NYC and prob LI

Follow the HRRR tonite . Check the radar to the south , thats the most serious deformation wrap around babe i have ever seen 

The GFS is too far N with the heaviest snow tonite . The HRRR has been the Varsity this year in the short term .

The HRRR  will take the heaviest snow all the way thru NJ NYC and prob LI

It looks like the HRRR isn't updating from what I can tell.  Last run I see on the Rapid Refresh site is 12z.  Are you looking elsewhere?

I'm in Kenilworth which is next to union. Snowing 2 inches per hour in that band. I measured 11 inches as of 1050am

A few miles south of there and its pretty sick right now. Easily 3"/hr.

Extremely Heavy Snow in Union, Heaviest I have seen in a long long time

thanks guys.  battle between sleet and snow here, sleet winning the last 90 mins but 11.5 heavy heavy inches.

anyword on the airport area?

The HRRR will take the heaviest snow all the way thru NJ NYC and prob LI

I wasnt too sold on you and me getting the heaviest from the deform band but it looks like a pretty good chance we make the most of that .75+ of QPF as it slams us

Archived