joxey
The Big One - Forecast & Discussion

Wow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REPRPD
WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS
CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.
1120 AM EST MON 10 FEBRUARY 2014
SUBJECT: WINTER STORM PLAN OF THE DAY (WSPOD)
VALID 11/1100Z TO 12/1100Z FEBRUARY 2014
WSPOD NUMBER.....13-073

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS
1. FLIGHT 0NE -- TEAL 71--
A. A66/ DROP 9(28.2N 93.8W)/ 12/0000Z
B. AFXXX 05WSA TRACK66
C. 11/2000Z
D. 10 DROPS ON TRACK AS PUBLISHED
E. AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE/ 12/0200Z

2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY:
A. A62/ DROP 7(34.0N 72.3W)/ 13/0000Z

$
JWP

Everyone on this board forgets about the coastal plain and coast and I saw a few questions go unanswered about the GFS.  A lot of us would appreciate it if analysis about the sn/ip line included some talk about the rain/zr line too . ;)

Anyway, GFS looks like it's putting down .88 zr in KFLO with .27 sleet and .2 snow, so a pretty historic zr event for flo.  ILM and MYR now showing all rain, so it looks like the rain/zr lines along a line through Southern Florence and Marion counties, through central Horry and cutting through Brunswick. 

And obviously, to those of those who live around here, we know all that means is that it's going to be a matter of waiting and seeing what happens.  Trying to pinpoint an exact line 36 hours out is nonsense. 

Euro QPF for you and I is 1.5 inches. Wow. 

The 1" QPF line crosses into W TN... all of NC is 1-2" of liquid equiv.  Mercy.

Reminds me of the Jan 96 blizzard when the models bumped up QPF amounts in the last day to two.  I think the Euro nearly doubled for the NE during that one.  See my gary gray achive: wow.americanwx.com/gg

The 1" QPF line crosses into W TN... all of NC is 1-2" of liquid equiv.  Mercy.

Reminds me of the Jan 96 blizzard when the models bumped up QPF amounts in the last day to two.  I think the Euro nearly doubled for the NE during that one.  See my gary gray achive: wow.americanwx.com/gg

Do you see snow/rain mix outside? I might be seeing things. 

Everyone on this board forgets about the coastal plain and coast and I saw a few questions go unanswered about the GFS.  A lot of us would appreciate it if analysis about the sn/ip line included some talk about the rain/zr line too . ;)

Anyway, GFS looks like it's putting down .88 zr in KFLO with .27 sleet and .2 snow, so a pretty historic zr event for flo.  ILM and MYR now showing all rain, so it looks like the rain/zr lines along a line through Southern Florence and Marion counties, through central Horry and cutting through Brunswick. 

And obviously, to those of those who live around here, we know all that means is that it's going to be a matter of waiting and seeing what happens.  Trying to pinpoint an exact line 36 hours out is nonsense. 

The gfs wants to bury cae in ice....

post-279-0-62502200-1392057671_thumb.png

Posting from the dentist's chair: The Euro has 1-1.5" of qpf for ATL area while the surface is 32 or colder and that's quite possibly underdone because of the warm bias keeping it above 32 too long initially IMO. So, combo of wintry precip adding to 1-1.5"+ qpf per 12Z Euro.

I that an in-house model. Looks more east than most others. **But I would love it

Just asked him what he meant by changes--higher than stated totals or lower?  The currently modeled track of the low just seems to scream that the higher totals will be East of the mountains.  I think this system is going to wind up surprising us all...

Archived