• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of Feb 2001 a bit....a few different ones from that season, really...

This reminds me of Feb 2001 a bit....a few different ones from that season, really...

Tailtpipe time with that one.

Jan 26-27 2011was awesome..That dropped 16 inches in a short overnight period of time,including 4 inch per hour rates here. That storm had a colder airmass to work with though

if i remember correctly, that one had anyone north of MA border smoking cirrus. suppression city

that clipper follow up has some big NNE analogs, check out the CIPS site

Yeah that one is much more interesting to me...there's some long-lead time signals for a modest upslope response with that one, too.  I like that one, of course we'll have to see what the first system does as that'll have some effect on it, but I don't think its unreasonable for NW New England to be skeptical of the coastal storm.

Jan 26-27 2011was awesome..That dropped 16 inches in a short overnight period of time,including 4 inch per hour rates here. That storm had a colder airmass to work with though

That's actually sort of the evolution I see with this one regarding precipitation and location of banding...although I think this one would be a wetter snow or more marginal at least.  That's the I-84 corridor to 495 type band I've been envisioning this morning.

Another thing of note on the kicker, if it weakens that would also lend itself to a warmer scenario such as the GFS is showing.

The GFS is pretty pedestrian until it gets SW of Nova Scotia. Gets those euro VVs involved and it would lead to dynamical cooling too. Thats part of the reason. The GFS looks weird to me.

Archived