• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uncle less wrapped and colder. Seems to come close to keeping BOS snow.

It kind of had to come SE considering how far west it was vs other guidance. But its a pretty nice solution. Prob some taint back to 495 but its still a big storm even for BOS.

I'm a little confused at how it handles the QPF. It sort of comes up in one blob and then splits apart with the WCB stuff heading offshore and then just some CCB/deformation stuff before getting enhanced as H5 closes off. Seems a little weird to me.

It's because of the loop de doop. Low is going to try to run north before getting kicked ene or ne as it bombs. Gfs is flattening that curve.

But we also have to remember we've had very few super lows work out this far sw. Most end up being diffuse before going nuts at our 41/42.

Euro prob comes towards consensus today. I like the same outline for the heaviest and suspect it shifts east still to out south.

I'm a little confused at how it handles the QPF. It sort of comes up in one blob and then splits apart with the WCB stuff heading offshore and then just some CCB/deformation stuff before getting enhanced as H5 closes off. Seems a little weird to me.

Probably best to focus on the features and trust the QPF will be there. If you build it they will come?

People under that deformation may do better with their 0.50" QPF than those with 1.00" QPF and crappy snow growth on the wrong side of the mid level warm front.

Probably best to focus on the features and trust the QPF will be there. If you build it they will come?

People under that deformation may do better with their 0.50" QPF than those with 1.00" QPF and crappy snow growth on the wrong side of the mid level warm front.

I always look at those mid level features....I could care less about QPF when the 700mb warm front is just south of me...but it's just a weird look on the GFS. It always seems to do this.

Ukie must go near cape Cod because it ends up near the downeast ME coast.

Too bad its prob too whacked out at the end...because if it did that, we'd get a Dec 9, 2005-esque finale in east-central MA...probably like a deathband commahead that goes N-S or even almost curling NNW/SSE.

At least it didn't go into NYC this run.

Too bad its prob too whacked out at the end...because if it did that, we'd get a Dec 9, 2005-esque finale in east-central MA...probably like a deathband commahead that goes N-S or even almost curling NNW/SSE.

At least it didn't go into NYC this run.

LOL, I agree though. I find that final little band intrguing on the guidance. Even the euro hints at it...although it's more to the NW, The GFS earlier on the 6z run had height falls of over 240meters in 12 hrs. That's dam good...Drag used to love those comments on height fall centers. I mean if that happens as the low rapidly deepens...someone will have fun.

Archived