Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows that the models have no clue about the storm.  It's a good time to let others attempt to be heroes.   My guess is that the euro isn't right but who knows its ensembles seem to support it.   Fast flow with lots of shortwave usually doesn't result in amplification when there is little upstream ridging.  Still.......this pattern is such a tough one,  pretty much any of the solutions is still on the table though right now I'd bet against the Euro.  Glad I have the weekend off. If I was writing a CWG  article I'd be suitably non committal. 

I'd bet against the euro too...it is hard enough to get snow here in a favorable setup....

Shows that the models have no clue about the storm.  It's a good time to let others attempt to be heroes.   My guess is that the euro isn't right but who knows its ensembles seem to support it.   Fast flow with lots of shortwave usually doesn't result in amplification when there is little upstream ridging.  Still.......this pattern is such a tough one,  pretty much any of the solutions is still on the table though right now I'd bet against the Euro.  Glad I have the weekend off. If I was writing a CWG  article I'd be suitably non committal.  Lol, this pattern has me rambling and saying nothing of note.

Great post at the right time. And I agree, I am suspect of the Euro here.

The gfs has been good, but I think right now you go with the model showing consistency.

I don't know man.  Usually, we'd be all over the Euro, but I have low confidence.   It's really unusual to not see the GFS move toward it if it was on to something.   The GFS wants nothing to do with any of this and this is probably one of the more divided model wars I've seen in a bit.    

I don't know man.  Usually, we'd be all over the Euro, but I have low confidence.   It's really unusual to not see the GFS move toward it if it was on to something.   The GFS wants nothing to do with any of this and this is probably one of the more divided model wars I've seen in a bit.    

Was just gonna post the same thing. Last year we would all be salivating over the Euro with support. But it has been pretty awful this year. Hard to commit at this point for sure.

Well, besides the approach of calling the GFS god awful and ignoring it, what makes the most sense given the longwave pattern? We have a fast flow, low amplitude set up. Even if a wave does amplify and come north, with a total lack of blocking, and the tendency for low pressure over the lakes and highs sliding off the coast, it would take a mini miracle to get a decent snow event.

Well, besides the approach of calling the GFS god awful and ignoring it, what makes the most sense given the longwave pattern? We have a fast flow, low amplitude set up. Even if a wave does amplify and come north, with a total lack of blocking, and the tendency for low pressure over the lakes and highs sliding off the coast, it would take a mini miracle to get a decent snow event.

This is probably why the Euro is likely to be wrong.  And it shows us getting snow, so there's that.  I have no faith in the Euro at this juncture.   I need the GFS to bend even a little bit.

This is probably why the Euro is likely to be wrong.  And it shows us getting snow, so there's that.  I have no faith in the Euro at this juncture.   I need the GFS to bend even a little bit.

It bent the wrong way. At least it had a low coming up. Albeit warm and rain. And thats the problem. I think the odds are against a storm amplifying and coming up, but if it does, its going to be warmish. Best possible outcome is probably snow to rain, which the Euro has now. But just as plausible(if not more) is this thing staying flat and shearing out.

I seriously believe the only way the mid atlantic gets a snowstorm is when the models don't pick up on it until 24-48 hrs ahead of time. Maybe late Feb. early March something may go wrong and we score .

The models never suck that much. Either that or my, and presumably your, untrained eyes can't see that a set up is close to a score all along, if what you describe does happen.

Archived