• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

How about some actual model analysis in here? Good grief.

It's ugly. GFS is disorganized with the midweek southern vort. The ns low passes north of us but sucks in all the southern moisture and phases. A coastal low forms but our column is ruined by the return flow from the northern low. We get a lot of rain as does the whole coast up to cape cod. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How were the ECMWF ensembles at 0z for the midweek event? Either they don't support the OP at all, or everyone is so fed up and just waiting for the inevitable (the operational bowing to the GFS) that no one even bothered to post about it. :(

EPS was a step down like the op. Weaker/dryer.

What we need now is a brand new solution from globals.

I really wish the overrunning portion that teased us a few days ago didn't slip away. There is time for that to change but quite unlikely.

I'm not sure how we can get anything from the main event. The ns vort would need to dig and phase way early to keep our column alive. Another very unlikely scenario but weenies have to dream right?

EPS was a step down like the op. Weaker/dryer.

What we need now is a brand new solution from globals.

I really wish the overrunning portion that teased us a few days ago didn't slip away. There is time for that to change but quite unlikely.

I'm not sure how we can get anything from the main event. The ns vort would need to dig and phase way early to keep our column alive. Another very unlikely scenario but weenies have to dream right?

Thanks, Bob. I think we all know the end result, but like you said, weenies have to dream. Here's to hoping that in an hour we can still ask "so when will the Euro cave?" ;)

Dang....another late night :(. Awful. Sounds like QPF keeps going down

Apparently, the UKMET is similar.   This is one of the more divided model wars I've seen.  I hope you're joking with the "awful" @ 5-8" comment.

At least it's not a weeknight.   It'll fold tonight..it has to.   Of course, I said that last night.

temporary winter uncancel? 

we need something to fold one way or the other for a verdict. 

it holds in high pressure longer, long enough to hold in cold air and get a nice track, perhaps because the core low to our NW is out in the plains and doesn't really affect us until the event is over....to be honest the margin of error on the euro is bigger than it has been....that is assuming there is a storm at all

Archived