EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it holds in high pressure longer, long enough to hold in cold air and get a nice track, perhaps because the core low to our NW is out in the plains and doesn't really affect us until the event is over....to be honest the margin of error on the euro is bigger than it has been....that is assuming there is a storm at all

Matt, gfs has had glimpses of this solution. The low gets going off the coast of NC. GFS looked a couple times like it wanted to pop the low with the overunning area but never does and the whole mess is strung out. The is the best solution the euro has had irt getting snow here.

As mitch said too, it's hard to believe that the overunning doesn't ooze up here. There is precip on the eps means up here but the majority of the members keep is centered in NC.

it holds in high pressure longer, long enough to hold in cold air and get a nice track, perhaps because the core low to our NW is out in the plains and doesn't really affect us until the event is over....to be honest the margin of error on the euro is bigger than it has been....that is assuming there is a storm at all

actually, comparing to last night it isn't terribly different with the CONUS...the big difference is the storm amplifies more and is more organized...also last night's run there was a much sharper inverted trough to our west when the storm started here that has mostly vanished (a met can correct me if I am wrong)....

If the euro is right overall then it scored its biggest win by a mile this year. I don't have nearly the same confidence I used to @ d4-6 though. But it has been steadfast bringing it up the cold hp before it's too late.

I know this isn't a snowstorm pattern but it isn't one for SC/NC either and they seem the most likely to get some accum snow attm.

Apparently, the UKMET is similar.   This is one of the more divided model wars I've seen.  I hope you're joking with the "awful" @ 5-8" comment.

At least it's not a weeknight.   It'll fold tonight..it has to.   Of course, I said that last night.

UKIE is hard to figure out anyway after 72 re precip or 850s because they only go out to 72... but UKIE has been holding what looks like a classic Miller A type track (can't see 108 to be sure) with a 1010 L over NO at 96 to a 994 L 150 miles or so east of Ocean City

this is just about a perfect scenario....it is better than last night which kind of makes me wonder....

We need a minor cave by the gfs sometime in the next 2-3 runs. I mean come on man, we're basically inside of 4 days for the important parts. I haven't seen them this divided at this lead all year. I don't know what to believe other than this isn't a good pattern for dc snow. But flukes happen every once in a while...

If the euro is right overall then it scored its biggest win by a mile this year. I don't have nearly the same confidence I used to @ d4-6 though. But it has been steadfast bringing it up the cold hp before it's too late.

I know this isn't a snowstorm pattern but it isn't one for SC/NC either and they seem the most likely to get some accum snow attm.

We can just hope that the euro is catching onto something the others are missing because of its better resolution....The GFS is a very good model, but it is notoriously bad with coastals.....we'll see if it catches on....I still think the chances of screwjob vis whiff or delayed rain or bad track are about 70%

this is just about a perfect scenario....it is better than last night which kind of makes me wonder....

funny you say that because although I don't have the updated maps, the mos Euro numbers look a little worse than last night's

BUT, the skewts from last night's run showed some surprising warming between 900mb and the surface that could not be seen by the surface and 850 raw numbers

funny you say that because although I don't have the updated maps, the mos Euro numbers look a little worse than last night's

BUT, the skewts from last night's run showed some surprising warming between 900mb and the surface that could not be seen by the surface and 850 raw numbers

yes...you dont have the maps

We need a minor cave by the gfs sometime in the next 2-3 runs. I mean come on man, we're basically inside of 4 days for the important parts. I haven't seen them this divided at this lead all year. I don't know what to believe other than this isn't a good pattern for dc snow. But flukes happen every once in a while...

90 hours is still a pretty long lead time.....I'm not really committed to any solution or really even leaning that way until we get to 12z on Monday

I'm surprised that the euro held serve.  Shows why it's not wise to make many statements concerning what a storm will do on wed this early when the guidance has been so chaotic.  I don't trust highs going off the coast but the first jan 1987 storm had a low ovr the great lakes and still managed to end up being a good snow storm.  Of course it had a 50 50 low if I remember right. 

Archived