Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 12-13 Sleet/Snow/ZR Event

JoshM

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For CLT to RDU NAM is just a dump, then like an inch of sleet then back over to snow. Insane.

Solid 6-8" snow after looking at that map and converting to inches, 1" sleet compacting that down, then top it off with a little more snow and glaze of freezing rain/drizzle as this pulls up the coast, just wow. Thanks for the PBP!

:lol:  I think you did scare Shawn....me on the other hand....if I'm getting ice, it had better be one I'm gonna remember for years to come. I'm not sure of the highest ice accum's here at cae, but one would think if the totals were cut in half from todays output, it would be close to setting records   ;)

LOL @ Michelle. Poor Shawn. He was ready to leave the state last night...LOL!

I'm beginning to get a little more of the degree all in moment if you will lol the European and Canadian suites are gung-ho and with the nam showing an absolute bomb if the GFS were to show something significant it's go time I know it's the 18z runs but it's still indicative of how awesome this setup is with that northern energy digging on the backside.

The MeteoStar GFS looks very interesting for Charleston. Starts out as rain Tuesday morning, then goes down to 33 Tuesday afternoon. The precip would continue all thru Wednesday. 1/4" of ice closed down the Ravenel for over two days, so any winter precip would be a huge deal here.

OGB is within 31-33 all day Wednesday and into Thursday morning.

Archived