• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 4th-5th Storm Observations

WeatherFox

May need to re-calibrate your thermometer.  All surrounding stations (Weather Underground, WeatherBug) showing 31-32 degrees.

I wouldn't doubt that it is a bit off. That reading isn't from a home weather station, simply the standard garden shop 'numbers and dial' type thermometer.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3.5 inches of snow here, pretty sure some compacting has occurred and some non-snow doing it's dirty work. I could be too low on my measurement. Lodi < 10 minutes from here as the crow flies came in at 4.4. Looks like the RGEM was overdone on the snow by .2 or so snow qpf (not horrible but not good either) but the NAM still was dead wrong on the snow side of this storm.

The RTMA analysis showed a degree rise in temps in many places and it appears the CF may be shifting inland some. This would be terrific news.

for the city --- but hoping that doesn't shift the ZR up NW. Easily 5" (compaction not factored in) and heavy sleet on top of it.  Ice would be the death knell...

I expect most of Long Island to be rain soon.

There's a decent ice buildup on trees and most surfaces here but it seems as if rain falling now isn't freezing anymore. Just about what I expected to wake up to-about 2" of slop on the ground and cold rain. I'm happy though, too much ZR is a real problem.

Temps are falling in south brooklyn, after hitting 32.6f. fell back to 31.9f intresting.

I've noticed that too....I went briefly above freezing but have sunk back to right at the freezing mark. Surfaces are clearly colder from the brutal winter we've been having so that's also playing a role in the freezing.

ZR

32.0/30

3" new snow accumulation

N@5mph

Archived