• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 4th-5th Storm Observations

WeatherFox

Craig Allen just said on 880 AM that he's seeing the warm-up stopping its northward progression and it starting to reverse, as the coastal low takes over (I had mentioned the same in my email an hour ago) and winds shift to the NE, bringing colder air back in.  If he's right about that and I have no reason to doubt him, much of Central Jersey from maybe Trenton to Perth Amboy and points north/west of there up to about 78 may hold onto freezing rain for longer than expected (same for SE PA north of about 276). 

I know I just went outside and it's still just 30F and sleet has mixed back in with the freezing rain, indicating a deeper layer of cold air is now in place near the surface (i.e., implying more cold air has moved back in). 

I'm quite concerned what will happen as the new batch of heavier precip moves in. That could be a healthy amount of ZR for many of us. Hopefully I switch back to sleet soon as much of NYC seems to be.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats not snow, the closest snow is in NY its probably just sleet. KMMU is very unreliable like KSWF despite sometimes having an observer.

Definitely no snow here... Freezing rain, sort of. Barely a glaze on the deck. Temps hovered around 30/31 most of the night, the sleet seems to have helped quite a bit. Down to 28° now though

We dodged an icy catastrophe here at Southern Westchester County. As the mid levels cool, FRZ will become less likely through the morning hours.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

We dodged an icy catastrophe here at Southern Westchester County. As the mid levels cool, FRZ will become less likely through the morning hours.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

maybe you did. I'm pouring rain and cant see out my screen door, it's covered in ice. all the screens in the house are covered.

Pouring sleet here in Astoria after 3"-4" of snow.

Rgem nailed another storm.

snow stopped after about an inch or two here and was ZR early.

Archived