Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 4th-5th Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see anyway this flips back to snow for a majority of the area.

Look how warm the mid and upper levels are

thck.gif?1391609029255

Thicknesses are a crappy way of analyzing the atmosphere...you don't know where that warm layer is, so you can't predict a changeover to snow or not. All I know from the map is that it's colder at the surface than above, and I already knew that.

Thicknesses are a crappy way of analyzing the atmosphere...you don't know where that warm layer is, so you can't predict a changeover to snow or not. All I know from the map is that it's colder at the surface than above, and I already knew that.

You're not going to flip back to snow, the precip will shut off before the upper atmosphere has a chance to cool enough. If anything you would flip to more sleet as opposed to ZR.

You're not going to flip back to snow, the precip will shut off before the upper atmosphere has a chance to cool enough. If anything you would flip to more sleet as opposed to ZR.

Actually it might just be plain rain/drizzle as most of us approach or go above freezing. Could still build up on trees/power lines though

Actually it might just be plain rain/drizzle as most of us approach or go above freezing. Could still build up on trees/power lines though

Judging by radar, there's not that much left. Most have already received nearly 1" liquid when you add up 4-5" of heavy wet snow, sleet, and freezing rain. That's the QPF that was forecasted.

95+% frozen for the storm. Mikehobbyst, yes there was ice accretion but maybe now you will understand why your call was absurd. Yea we stayed mostly frozen but temps weren't in the mid and upper 20s with freezing rain so it wasn't too bad.

Anyway nice winter storm. Has sleet or freezing rain for many hours but didn't cripple MY area by any means. And it didn't wash my snow pack away.

2.5" of snow and sleet here.

Archived