• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    binbisso
    Newest Member
    binbisso
WeatherFox

February 3, 2014 Snowstorm Observations

This is clearly going to overperform big time for the entire region. Storm is only a few hours old...just getting started. Heaviest is still to come!

Dude this is over by early afternoon IMO. What you see now is probably what you get rate-wise...maybe a little heavier at times. Still an awesome quick hitting storm.

Are the roads wet or white in Manhattan?

White on the UWS. The snow falling now is just so wet... I guess I wouldn't feel docked if accumulations were actually on the low end of the range despite what's looking like lots of liquid.

2.25", mod snow. Feels like a late Feb/early March event...mid 50's yesterday and then a thump of wet snow. Difference being we're not 50 again tomorrow, and lots of potential still on the horizon.

Weird snow. Stuck to everything, but a lot lighter than i was expecting. Definitely less moisture in it than south of here.

As forky noted the radar is somewhat deceiving, that is not very heavy snow banding, it is bright banding caused by melting flakes. So enjoy what we have now, we will likely see fluctuations and the bands coming north and south through the morning hours. 

When does accumulating snows end in Manhattan today and when does tomorrow's snows begin in Manhattan?

When the snow stops and starts again, keep looking out your window.

When does accumulating snows end in Manhattan today and when does tomorrow's snows begin in Manhattan?

Ends today with a light snow in the city around 5 or 6pm.

What is all this talk about it being too far north? Its performing fine and as expected right now up here. Still expecting 3-5" up here

Mod Snow w/ a temp of 27.4f

1" otg

What is all this talk about it being too far north? Its performing fine and as expected right now up here.

Mod Snow w/ a temp of 27.4f

1" otg

The heaviest snow is mostly south of where the nam had it at this point that's all. Doesn't necessarily mean it will end up that way.

I'd say 3-4pm today and probably 10-11pm tomorrow night....I'm going a bit earlier tomorrow night than alot of guidance suggests, I'd think by 3-4am though its over to FZRAPL

Still got 2-4" on the point and click.  Got 3.5" already... (near Sparta).

Yep 3.3" hear at 8am. Though I suspect the NW part of the county is closer to 2". Mt Holly's map has us 4-6 while just to the NW its 2-4 which will look spot on to me.

I'd say 3-4pm today and probably 10-11pm tomorrow night....I'm going a bit earlier tomorrow night than alot of guidance suggests, I'd think by 3-4am though its over to FZRAPL

Reminds me of Feb 1994 two events within 36 hours of one another. Just hope tomorrow night's changeover is after another 4 inches and then only sleet, not freezing rain. Is there any chance it stays all snow for tomorrow night's event and if it did would it rival todays?

Snow is heavy but now very fine - very large flakes gone

Wife says she thinks theres close to 3 down by us ? sound right ?