northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got home from work and my wife asked me if I was watching the radar and if I'd be staying up to ight. She knew the answer already, but wanted to make fun of me when I said "yes."

I'm cracking a Sam once I get off the pot.

My wife just told me that she understands that I have a relatively common "ailment". :)

I have no beer in the house, but there is plenty of wine, vodka and kahlua. Maybe some good coffee later for the overnight hours. And I just realized I was all out of cheez-itz. SOB.

I too am out of cheez-itz, but my wife has convinced me to go on a cheez-itz run later tonight once the crowds have died down.

You can't go through a big storm without cheez-itz, it's scientific fact.

I too am out of cheez-itz, but my wife has convinced me to go on a cheez-itz run later tonight once the crowds have died down.

We thought we had feb 2010 all planned out, but after 4 stuck days realized that we couldn't live without junk food.

Yeah, will have to go out. I'm down to wheat thins (boring) and pretzels (also boring). The wife has boom chic a pop, but popcorn doesn't interest me and I think it smells like cat pi$$. 

I'd love to be pounding it down now, but one must acknowledge age. If I'm to be up so that I can perambulate after midnight, when the thumping occurs, I can't drink too much, else I get too comfortably laconic and say, well, just wait until morning. The storms in 2009-10, I felt comfortable doing that. This one, however, I wait until morning, in all likelihood I miss out on the best part. 

I remember back in 1996, when my wife (g/f then) and I and some neighbors sat up drinking all Saturday night, they went to bed, I filled up a flask of vodka and o.j. and strolled around Takoma Park for hours, got a bit of sleep, Sunday I was fresh as a daisy and was wide awake for the best part of that storm: Sunday night when the ULL went by and it was like the storm Lear raged in, except with snow. A heroic stretch. I have to keep telling myself that I don't have that kind of endurance anymore. 

I'd love to be pounding it down now, but one must acknowledge age. If I'm to be up so that I can perambulate after midnight, when the thumping occurs, I can't drink too much, else I get too comfortably laconic and say, well, just wait until morning. The storms in 2009-10, I felt comfortable doing that. This one, however, I wait until morning, in all likelihood I miss out on the best part. 

I remember back in 1996, when my wife (g/f then) and I and some neighbors sat up drinking all Saturday night, they went to bed, I filled up a flask of vodka and o.j. and strolled around Takoma Park for hours, got a bit of sleep, Sunday I was fresh as a daisy and was wide awake for the best part of that storm: Sunday night when the ULL went by and it was like the storm Lear raged in, except with snow. A heroic stretch. I have to keep telling myself that I don't have that kind of endurance anymore. 

Tip, is that you?

Archived