CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've come down with the stomach bug that's been going around. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.....I wouldn't even take this in exchange for snow.

Sorry to hear that. I got a stomach bug on the 12/18/09 storm...I was so sick the day after. I hope it is only a 6-12 hr variety.

I can't keep up anymore and don't want to interrupt the brain trust in the other threads, so...

Sunday eve/Monday morning = wet sloppy snow (naso fun commute for some)

Tuesday eve = rain to FR late night

Wed early morning= switching back to rain and possibly ending with snow

Next weekend = Unicorn turning into Harry Houdini

Is that about right?

You got the gist of it.  I'd probably change all of it to plain rain for each one but I've had a fuucking awful afternoon and am being a deb.

Wizards beat Durant and curry in the same week lol

And 5 guys in double figures. Gortat with a double double. They are unusually deep at the positions this season it seems compared to recent years. Playoffs are likely in the future and we won't be the team a higher seed feels lucky to play against

The past two days were amazing. We hit 47 Friday with a low of 24 and Saturday we hit 50.

Snowpack managed to hang on in shaded areas both days. I think this was because that ground is so cold, so frozen. We had at least ten days of really frigid weather. I was so thankful and amazed that the snow cover managed to hang on another day on Saturday.

Tonight however the clouds have arrived to keep the lows well above freezing. Tomorrow comes the mid and upper 50s which will melt away all remaining area snow cover in shaded areas. The ground will thaw. Then comes an inch and a half of steady rain Sunday night and Monday morning.

Lawns will be running with fresh rainwater and will be a literal quagmire. As if that were not enough, midweek brings more rain.

This will definitely be an EPIC week.

For RAIN.

The thing that really never ceases to amaze me though, is how we can get so much frigid weather, and then when a southern stream storm comes, we get plain rain. Not even so much as 24 seconds of freezing rain or a short period of sleet then the waterboarding.

Just plain rain.

It used to be that when we had really cold weather, when there was a change in the frigid pattern, it used to be that we got treated to freezing rain and/or sleet then rain and mild weather. No more. It just rains, no ice, no sleet, nada.

This is a stark testament to two points.

We live in a very special place, and

Climate change has really changed our weather. Even a negative EPO can't help us.

Northern Virginia well east of the mountains and DCA can get extremely cold, yet turn around on a dime and just have plain rain, with no sleet or ZR onset.

I have seen any maps or qpf totals, got any for me?

I'll just say this... at 42 hrs (7am to 1pm Monday), there's a light blue shade of QPF (.75-1") over much of central MD, all snow west of I95 and mostly snow east, with a little more before and after that frame.

Clown map shows 9"+ from the M/D line to DC

I'll just say this... at 42 hrs (7am to 1pm Monday), there's a light blue shade of QPF (.75-1") over much of central MD, all snow west of I95 and mostly snow east, with a little more before and after that frame.

I see. Thanks

State College only went with an Advisory so far for MD border counties.  They are riding the GFS train to the bitter end.

Archived