amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 30-February 3rd Wave Train Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off some of the farm fields here there are 6'+ drifts. It is so awesome driving by snow drifts taller then my vehicle everyday. Though surprisingly here I don't see bare ground in the fields!!! :)

Some of the plowed snowbanks are high in certain areas along the side of major roads here where you can tell its from drifting, but obviously the street needs to be cleared. Out there in the country I can't imagine some of the scenes with the amount of snow and wind we have had this month. You should post some pics!

I think DTX's AFD did a good job explaining why a southern solution is still quite possible.  Them waiting until things set up before any warnings I think is the right decision since tomorrow is just Saturday.

If we somehow manage to luck out and get little or no rain from this down here in Detroit I will be sure there is some kind of magical magnet set up around here.

I think DTX's AFD did a good job explaining why a southern solution is still quite possible.  Them waiting until things set up before any warnings I think is the right decision since tomorrow is just Saturday.

NOTED IN THE PREVIOUS DISCUSSION WAS A PREFERENCE FOR A FARTHER   SOUTHEAST TRACK OF THE LOW GIVEN BOTH THE OPEN WAVE STRUCTURE AND   THE SHEARING NATURE OF THE SOUTHWEST FLOW ALOFT. ADJUSTMENTS EVIDENT   IN THE 12Z CYCLE ALSO SUGGESTED THAT AN OVER-AGGRESSIVE SIMULATION   OF HEIGHT FALLS UPSTREAM MAY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE ONCE-OBSERVED   NW ADJUSTMENTS BY THE NWP. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE NAM, ALL OF THE   12Z GUIDANCE DEPICTED HEIGHT FALLS TO BE WEAKER AND HAVE COME IN IN   STRONG SUPPORT OF LAST NIGHT'S FORECAST REASONING. THE SHIFT WAS   MOST NOTABLE IN THE 12Z ECMWF AND UKMET SOLUTIONS WHICH NOW TRACK THE   SURFACE LOW ACROSS TOLEDO. THE 18Z NAM HAS ALSO COME IN IN STRONG   SUPPORT OF THIS FLATTER SOLUTION, SHIFTING THE AXIS OF HEAVIEST   PRECIPITATION FROM THE THUMB/SAGINAW VALLEY TO THE HEART OF THE CWA.  

Some of the plowed snowbanks are high in certain areas along the side of major roads here where you can tell its from drifting, but obviously the street needs to be cleared. Out there in the country I can't imagine some of the scenes with the amount of snow and wind we have had this month. You should post some pics!

I'll try to take some tomorrow.  I haven't thought of taken much because drive these dirt roads has been a slick challenge this winter.  I have slid through interstection multiple times.  I have start braking 3 mailboxes down from my house and I have still slid right by it a couple times :sled:

I have to say though ... I love it :D:snowing:

The latest guidance is not necessarily the best guidance. The 00z runs before the March 5th event last year backed off fairly significantly on qpf, only to be completely wrong. QPF is what the models do worst, so I highly doubt there's gonna be any downgrades based off a few runs of the NAM. The forcing parameters are what's important, not specific qpf totals.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The latest guidance is not necessarily the best guidance. The 00z runs before the March 5th event last year backed off fairly significantly on qpf, only to be completely wrong. QPF is what the models do worst, so I highly doubt there's gonna be any downgrades based off a few runs of the NAM. The forcing parameters are what's important, not specific qpf totals.Sent from my SCH-I535

Skilling same thing verbatim. Though it seems like a number of models have trended more toward a 4-6 inch fall.

Archived