• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 30-February 3rd Wave Train Part 2

Chicago Storm

Broad look at how things look as we approach midnight central.

6mmt.jpg

EDIT:  What's up with this shrunken thread view now?  I have a 24" monitor and there's like 5" of blue border on either side of the actual thread view.  What is this, the 90s?

I noticed that over a week ago. 23" here.

Nice view of the storm above.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this might be the winner in the LOT area for the first round of WAA snow...

1120 PM SNOW MILFORD 40.63N 87.70W
01/31/2014 E3.0 INCH IROQUOIS IL PUBLIC

Latest rap suggests it never gets above freezing here. :lol: Hard to judge, but it looks like between 2-3" of sn/ip and 0.1-0.2" of zr. Oh, how interesting this will be. 

Looks like this might be the winner in the LOT area for the first round of WAA snow...

1120 PM SNOW MILFORD 40.63N 87.70W

01/31/2014 E3.0 INCH IROQUOIS IL PUBLIC

Latest rap suggests it never gets above freezing here. :lol: Hard to judge, but it looks like between 2-3" of sn/ip and 0.1-0.2" of zr. Oh, how interesting this will be. 

I usually focus on 2 areas for these events...LAF obviously and the other being Chicago metro since I have family there but your area looks very tough based on the little bit that I've been looking at.  I'd say it's more likely than not that you go above freezing for a bit but if you do, it will be just barely and it's a low confidence call.  The area near/north of the river has a better chance of staying AOB freezing for the duration and I would expect most, if not all of Lake/Porter to not go above 32. 

I usually focus on 2 areas for these events...LAF obviously and the other being Chicago metro since I have family there but your area looks very tough based on the little bit that I've been looking at.  I'd say it's more likely than not that you go above freezing for a bit but if you do, it will be just barely and it's a low confidence call.  The area near/north of the river has a better chance of staying AOB freezing for the duration and I would expect most, if not all of Lake/Porter to not go above 32. 

Yeah, it's certainly as borderline as it can get. I also expect us to switch to plain rain. It's just going to be a matter of how much sn/ip/zr can sneak in before the switch-over. 

Archived