Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 30-February 3rd Wave Train Part 2

Chicago Storm

Wyandotte magnet will not be denied!! :snowing:

Still dont know...but trends are encouraging. Even if/when we do go to rain, it appears we will have at least several inches of new snow down. Just eyeballing my cleared spot on the deck Im sure we have at minimum 1.5" and the heavy returns arent even here. ARB-DTW-MBY cant lose this winter. If not for the pre-Christmas and mid-Jan thaws that torched away almost 2 feet total of snowpack...our landscape would literally resemble the snowbelt UP. To say this has been a dream winter has been an understatement.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I wasnt referring to accumulation totals...RAP usually overdoes it...just the placement of the heaviest snow.

Given the radar and that we have several more hours of precipitation to go, it's totals aren't out of the question.

It's interesting though how it's a tad SE of the other guidance. 

Roads are a slush filled disaster here. Dicey commute to work. Car thermometer flipped between 32 and 33 on the way. Ponding of water is not helping either.

A few photos from my Mom, from earlier this morning in Kankakee.

attachicon.gifIKK Feb 1 #1.jpg

attachicon.gifIKK Feb 1 #3.jpg

attachicon.gifIKK Feb 1 #2.jpg

Nice pics. Is your mom a snowlover too, or does she take pics per your requests/demands? :lol:

Roads are a slush filled disaster here. Dicey commute to work. Car thermometer flipped between 32 and 33 on the way. Ponding of water is not helping either.

A few photos from my Mom, from earlier this morning in Kankakee.

attachicon.gifIKK Feb 1 #1.jpg

attachicon.gifIKK Feb 1 #3.jpg

attachicon.gifIKK Feb 1 #2.jpg

She takes some good pics. 

About 4.5" here now. Just about done.

That's gotta suck down there.

She takes some good pics. 

About 4.5" here now. Just about done.

That's gotta suck down there.

Yeah, she does. Her computer is full of snow pics too. :D

It's ugly here right now. Just the worst kind of weather. Should be even more fun later, when everything re-freezes completely. 

About 4" here this morning, 2 day total of around 6".

Switched to sleet here on the backside, but it's about over so I'm fine with that. Sure is a lot different from what I expected, pleasant surprise. At any rate, it's safe to say that I busted pretty hard on this one. :P

Dude, very nice. 'Grats. :)

I know some of you like to use sports analogies. I'm not a sports person, but I will try my best.

Detroit right now is 4th and 10 and went for the fake punt. So far, the receiver has broken wide for the touchdown.

Every run of RAP is coming SE. Almost to the point that the northern burbs are close to missing out on the best bands....

Still dont know...but trends are encouraging. Even if/when we do go to rain, it appears we will have at least several inches of new snow down. Just eyeballing my cleared spot on the deck Im sure we have at minimum 1.5" and the heavy returns arent even here. ARB-DTW-MBY cant lose this winter. If not for the pre-Christmas and mid-Jan thaws that torched away almost 2 feet total of snowpack...our landscape would literally resemble the snowbelt UP. To say this has been a dream winter has been an understatement.

It is 99% better for you right now that it was looking 24 hours ago. I understand you being hesitant but I think you can wipe some of that sweat away now ... :snowing:

This area would have a good 30" on the ground but this is SE MI so what we have is just awesome!! :snowwindow::snowing::mapsnow:

About 4" here this morning, 2 day total of around 6".

Switched to sleet here on the backside, but it's about over so I'm fine with that. Sure is a lot different from what I expected, pleasant surprise. At any rate, it's safe to say that I busted pretty hard on this one. :P

Nice. All done here and we managed to stay all snow. 

A pic when we were getting some fat flakes near the end.

post-691-0-58770400-1391268396_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Next one is yours, Tim. :)

Only need about 6.5" of snow here through the rest of winter for it to be the snowiest on record (according to the COOP data, anyway). 

Spread the wealth. Glad this one worked out well for you. Hopefully we all score with the next one.

Same here. My mom LOVES snow. My dad hates it tho

My dad is indifferent. I think he likes it, but won't admit it. :lol:

Archived