• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 30-February 3rd Wave Train Part 2

Chicago Storm

They do it everytime. I dont even see what the point is. Its actually almost on purpose it seems. Then every season snowmap DTX makes has that completely untrue hole right around Detroit city as they use the GPF spotter numbers. I checked their Jan report and even THEY came in with 23.1", which includes a M report on a day with snowfall and a couple days where fluffy high ratio snow resulted in liquid of 0.02" or something with snowfall of a T. Thats how you KNOW it was a historic month :lmao:

:lol: That's more than they've gotten in several entire seasons according to their reports.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had to make a reasonable estimate, I'd say 4-6 inches is a good bet. That'd be plenty to make me happy and give me 18 inches on the season.

I'm watching your reports downwind here in SE Ohio. The radar looks awesome! You're a bit closer to the northern edge than I am. This system was so undermodeled even just yesterday!

Here are some pictures from around my neighborhood. We have a little over two inches of the ground. It really shouldn't be hard to hit four inches before it starts to wind down, six inches may be a stretch now though.

I will say that Central Kentucky is struggling to change over from sleet to snow. I'm thankful that I did not have that issue.

post-280-0-87465800-1391397933_thumb.png

post-280-0-21807600-1391397959_thumb.png

post-280-0-59664800-1391397975_thumb.png

post-280-0-26811200-1391397992_thumb.png

Here are some pictures from around my neighborhood. We have a little over two inches of the ground. It really shouldn't be hard to hit four inches before it starts to wind down, six inches may be a stretch now though.

I will say that Central Kentucky is struggling to change over from sleet to snow. I'm thankful that I did not have that issue.

Looks great.  :thumbsup:

Grade A work with the pics there.

Thanks for the picture compliments, snow continues to rip here. We now have a little over three inches of snow. I don't see why we can't get four inches or even five inches before it ends. It has been a fun event, way better than the one and two inch events that we have been getting all season. :)

Nice! Glad to see our southern areas get hit for once. Been a while since there was a good storm down there

Ended up with around 4" in total.... NTM the 0.5" of pure rain. This system was by far the worst of the season for the clean up was nasty. Every lot had a 1.5" of slop which went to concrete in 1.5 hours after the snow began. Salt was no match for the water content and the snow was too loose to plow and stack. It just rushed from the side of the blade like a title wave. All in all over 36 hours of clean up invested and there is still pack ice on the lots where vehicles are parked. The only saving grace was the sun this afternoon. Melting, scraping and salting was the terms of the afternoon.

I rather have 20" of snow than another system like this !!

Ended up with around 4" in total.... NTM the 0.5" of pure rain. This system was by far the worst of the season for the clean up was nasty. Every lot had a 1.5" of slop which went to concrete in 1.5 hours after the snow began. Salt was no match for the water content and the snow was too loose to plow and stack. It just rushed from the side of the blade like a title wave. All in all over 36 hours of clean up invested and there is still pack ice on the lots where vehicles are parked. The only saving grace was the sun this afternoon. Melting, scraping and salting was the terms of the afternoon.

I rather have 20" of snow than another system like this !!

Assuming the plow wouldnt come by Saturday during the slopfest, I scraped the slush away from our curb and onto the massive snowbanks on the grass. Sure enough...they salted..LMAO...which did nothing. There is chunky ice everywhere. While its fun to touch the enormous snowbanks and feel them as hard as a boulder, its NOT fun driving on this chunky stuff. Get ready...more tomorrow night!

All at once or in small chunks over a period of time?

Dumped on in a 20 minute span.... This clean up was horrendous. Spent all day in the wheel loader scraping pack ice with the bucket. It worked well and I removed the majority of the 2" thick ice in places to have it all glare up again as the sun set. Ended up salting again. I think I went through 7 ton of salt in this system alone !!!

Salt is scarce these days around here. The main supplier of 75% of the smaller plow contractors has run out and he has been cut off by his supplier.(Windsor Salt) Luck for me I stocked up just before the last storm with 45 Ton of treated stuff. Should have enough to last the season as long as I use it wisely.

Archived