• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 30-February 3rd Wave Train Part 2

Chicago Storm

like Ive said before...some of you guys think im more optimistic than I really am because this board is so flooded with pessimism :lol:. The proof is in the weather data...Ive been optimistic often because we are often snowing at obscenely unsual levels the last 10 years. Its been warranted. But you dont win em all, and this one we are not winning. I havent felt good about this event for 3+ days now, and as said..I will be content if my snowpack stays the same. You want optimism....I will be adding 0.75" of water a snowpack that has about 2" of water already in it. We wont be hitting depth records, but we will probably have snow remnants well into April at this point, and we are further cementing (literally) the pack at a most opportune time, as apparently some think sun angle issues are already a play :lmao:. Of course...that is all assuming it doesnt torch us and sink the snowpack further. I want a deep glacier, not a thin one!

Healthy attitude. And who knows. Models have been nudging south the last few runs. Maybe a bit of surprise is in store for Detroit although obviously for you personally it'd be better if you lived on the north side of town (just for this storm of course...I know that Detroit south this winter overall has done very well).

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RC and I up to Alek make the cut for lolli land this round of forecasting....

attachicon.gifTotalSnow_Fcst.png

yep, nice setup for several of us. Feels good being in the 'dark' band  :tomato:

As I was walking the dog around the neighborhood this evening, I looked around and wondered where the snow removal crews are going to put the new snow. Some of the mounds are already 6 ft high.  

Eh, I don't know. Radar is going to have to fill in/redevelop behind Decatur, for us to do that. But, I hope you're right. :D

Well it's dependent on getting into better banding again and it's pretty much impossible to nail down the exact placement.  If the banding doesn't materialize for us, then 2-3" will be better.

yep, nice setup for several of us. Feels good being in the 'dark' band  :tomato:

As I was walking the dog around the neighborhood this evening, I looked around and wondered where the snow removal crews are going to put the new snow. Some of the mounds are already 6 ft high.  

yeah, was chattin' with a friend about this as well...gonna be some epic driveway/parking lot piles brewing after this event (not to mention if things pan out later in the week)...not much melt any time soon either....oh boy

Yours truly as well :)

nice...packin' em in that tight corridor!!!

although most around here should do decently regardless

Saw some dump bed semi's carrying snow towards a DuPage Forest Preserve earlier today. 

Our subdivision has a service that takes care of driveways.  They have a snow blower mounted on a farm tractor that can crank the snow a good 60+ feet.  

Healthy attitude. And who knows. Models have been nudging south the last few runs. Maybe a bit of surprise is in store for Detroit although obviously for you personally it'd be better if you lived on the north side of town (just for this storm of course...I know that Detroit south this winter overall has done very well).

I know its out of character for me to be sooo whiny lol...but another gripw I have is we finally get a storm with no wind and it looks to miss me mostly.

I know its out of character for me to be sooo whiny lol...but another gripw I have is we finally get a storm with no wind and it looks to miss me mostly.

One thing about metro Detroit compared to Howell, you guys don't suffer the drifting we get out here.

We probably have twice the snow here, but all of our elevated and exposed grass surfaces have been stripped clean of snow, right down to the grass blades. Yesterday was terrible, my parents house had their backyard stripped right down to the grass, but they have 4+ foot deep extremely dense snow drifts. Those spots will probably survive a few weeks longer than the surrounding snowpack, whenever the melt comes.

I'll be disappointed with anything under 5 inches tomorrow.

Our snowpiles are becoming epic, with 5+ inches of dense snow, they will be epic++

One thing about metro Detroit compared to Howell, you guys don't suffer the drifting we get out here.

We probably have twice the snow here, but all of our elevated and exposed grass surfaces have been stripped clean of snow, right down to the grass blades. Yesterday was terrible, my parents house had their backyard stripped right down to the grass, but they have 4+ foot deep extremely dense snow drifts. Those spots will probably survive a few weeks longer than the surrounding snowpack, whenever the melt comes.

I'll be disappointed with anything under 5 inches tomorrow.

Our snowpiles are becoming epic, with 5+ inches of dense snow, they will be epic++

Oh I know. Theres a field near one of the wyandotte schools that has a snsnow fence up...the snow us drifted 4 feet against the fence...then up to the school windows...then thr middle of the field is only a few inches. So glad we don't have too much open area. I know how it is up that way.

Archived