Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 3rd possible snow

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still very concerned about monday and snow. Looks like 1000-500mb thicknesses do not support snow until almost 15z. This spells a lot of slop and low ratios to start once the turnover happens. I was gung ho on a general 3-6" this time yesterday but I am now leaning 2-4" based on those warm thicknesses to start this event. We waste almost .4 qpf on slop. Lets hope we can get that cold air in here faster.

Wxsim with 6z data seems to see a lot of sleet tomorrow AM but has increased the liquid output to 0.80" for NW Chester County. Temps fall below freezing and stay there by 530am. Not sure I buy it but if correct it would mean some significant sleet accumulation followed by another couple inches of snow on top - this would mean 2 to 4" of snow/sleet combo before ending tomorrow PM.

Wxsim with 6z data seems to see a lot of sleet tomorrow AM but has increased the liquid output to 0.80" for NW Chester County. Temps fall below freezing and stay there by 530am. Not sure I buy it but if correct it would mean some significant sleet accumulation followed by another couple inches of snow on top - this would mean 2 to 4" of snow/sleet combo before ending tomorrow PM.

2-4" seems reasonable right now based on mixing issues in the am.

Not that past performance is going to promise future results, but most storms this year have trended significantly NW on models 48-72 hours prior to onset.  The final 6-12 hours, however, have often then shown a slight tick back to the SE.  Will see if this follows and keeps the area mostly frozen.

Archived