Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 3rd possible snow

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember an event back in the late 80's early 90's that had 55 degree temps before a similar event. That one snow 4-8" but on grassy surfaces only. Not one flake stuck to pavement. Was really weird to see. Looks like this event will have better rates though.

I remember that event it was February, 1991, but late in the month and we never got S+ 

Happy for you if it verifies, although I was just going to post that the cold front crossing PA seems to have slowed down, any more reason for concern about temps and ptypes in far SEPA and could the continued north trend be reflecting this?

I have been wondering the same thing, I don't see how it won't...bummer.

Yes, WxBell maps are nuts.

I wouldn't say it's impossible though.

Remember the Eagles game snow storm, where the rain/snow line was projected nowhere near that far south that day. Dynamics took over and they got a dumpin.  

can't concentrate on the blue line in these situations, there will always be some unexpected fluctuations...especially with weak systems, that have decent front-end dumps.   

I wouldn't say it's impossible though.

Remember the Eagles game snow storm, where the rain/snow line was projected nowhere near that far south that day. Dynamics took over and they got a dumpin.

can't concentrate on the blue line in these situations, there will always be some unexpected fluctuations...especially with weak systems, that have decent front-end dumps.

Temps weren't an issue for that day....

So question is, What will schools do now?

Based on the timing they would be smart to close!  Mix for the morning ride (or moderate snow), and moderate-heavy snow for the ride home is not going to make a nice commute either way.  Unfortunately, most schools are already at or past their allotted snow days so the decision isn't going to come early. 

Archived