Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 3rd possible snow

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So mook.... Are you saying upper Dublin won't make it to 8 - 10"...

If so, I totally disagree with your thinking IF Philly makes it to there!!

I probably lived within a mile of you, on Fort Washington Ave.

If you take the moment to READ, there are 100 IMBY predictions, all which nelieve living NW of Philly is the answer to temperature fears.

WE ALL GET IN THE JACKPOT. In any thread I wrote.

Don't be nervous was my point, whether CC or Upper Dublin or Yardley, its going to snow .

Everyone is a winner..... except maybe.....

Mookie, again you post things that make little sense.

Again, a post about a post, absent substance, content, or any scintilla of sense, as there are no contradictions posted.

I guess you didn't like the post quoting physics, I mean, what does Science have to do with weather?

You're a classic board stalker.

Take your classic shots. You make me laugh.

Ok, fair enough. I am not saying you will be wrong, I just think with the system as progged on the NAM it is going to be close at PHL and the rain/snow line will be close. Now, I, too, believe the column will cool if those precip rates on the N are correct. Mitch and the folks at Mt Holly agree. But, the question is If the NAM is correct and where those rates set up.

Good luck Mookie! Hope you are right.

I probably lived within a mile of you, on Fort Washington Ave.

If you take the moment to READ, there are 100 IMBY predictions, all which nelieve living NW of Philly is the answer to temperature fears.

WE ALL GET IN THE JACKPOT. In any thread I wrote.

Don't be nervous was my point, whether CC or Upper Dublin or Yardley, its going to snow .

Everyone is a winner..... except maybe.....

We'll........."READ" I did and have been doing since about noon today and you clearly said the "epicenter" would be cc philly and then go on to say 8-10" for Philly....yes/no? Just saying/clarifying mook!

Ok, fair enough. I am not saying you will be wrong, I just think with the system as progged on the NAM it is going to be close at PHL and the rain/snow line will be close. Now, I, too, believe the column will cool if those precip rates on the N are correct. Mitch and the folks at Mt Holly agree. But, the question is If the NAM is correct and where those rates set up.

Good luck Mookie! Hope you are right.

Fair enough Hazwoper and a good man's argument. I understand your sentiments, and certainly respect Mitchell I I enjoy his forecasts from Mt. Holly and here.

But putting aside anything but mesoscale conclusions, I think everyone is safe here, but with convective banding, it doesn't much care about being 20 miles NW or W of the Center of the City, it goes where the dynamics are best. That is my poor man's $.02

Lets come back tomorrow as allies in the obs thread. You might find I do know a little about the weather, though law and life-sciences are my areas of expertise. One a vocation, the other an avocation, leading to help find relief for lots of people with lumbar or lower extremity pain.

We'll........."READ" I did and have been doing since about noon today and you clearly said the "epicenter" would be cc philly and then go on to say 8-10" for Philly....yes/no? Just saying/clarifying mook!

You can take the kid out of East Oak Lane, transport him 15 miles to my home with 3 names, 1. Fort Washington 2. Ambler 3. Upper Dublin

My Philly friends thought I moved to Ireland.

I consider the City, as I have lived in Center City, and Yardley and Upper Dublin to being one community, for a storm like this.

I can't or won't deny, I had more snow to plow or shovel as a kid in Upper Dublin. I was just saying, that if 8-10" were my call, it would verify across all our backyards.

Is it just me or are all the local TV outlets in danger of seriously under-forecasting this storm? Everyone at my Super Bowl party seemed to think we are getting 3 to 5 inches, when, based on the latest short-range guidance, we could double that. Considering that it will contain almost an inch of liquid, I think this could be a dangerous situation with people underestimating the severity of this storm.

Edit: Shouldn't say all, Glenn seems to have the right idea.

My worry would be school administrators going to bed seeing WWAs and forecasts of 3-5". If it's not coming down hard early in the morning, I could see many school's staying open and scrambling to get kids home safely in lousy conditions later. Just trying to help my 15 year-old who is struggling to finish projects now and could use an extra day...

I wish I could, but it's from a paid site.

Looks like an area of 1'+ from Allentown to Lansdale this run...likely overdone though.

acsnw_t3sfc_f15.png

Off NWS site. I agree, most likely overdone, but man look at that cutoff. That's potentially an 8" difference within 5 to 10 miles.

Worth mentioning, though, that the last frame still has most of the area under .5" to 1" per hour rates.

Archived