Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 3rd possible snow

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I just referred to in my previous post....I live about 1 mile south of the PA/DE line about 5 miles from the river.....flirting with disaster.  This honestly could be an all rain event for me or like 10" of snow.  Flip a coin almost.

I haven't seen such good dynamics in a while, the 700mb VVs are off the charts, whoever stays snow and is just N of the R/S line will get obliterated 

Anyone have that feeling Philly is gonna find a way to bullseye again this storm? They just can't lose this winter lol. 

Its all Karma....or a metaphysical representation of physics immutable law:

FOR EVERY ACTION, THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION.

I lived in NYC 14 years , and had to watch from afar as Philly had the 2009 record snowfall. I move back to Philly, where you couldn't buy a snowflake last Winter.

Now, we are the jackpot zone. It may be old weather lore, but there is always a foundation for an old adage like: Where it snows, it likes to snow again.

Enjoy the MOJO we have, which looks to pay off big-time next weekend on a 1-2 combination.

What ever happened to Allen's (raleighweather) model page? It had snowfall map output for NAM I believe

You have to subscribe to AmericanWx models but it has great maps.  I think instantweatheramps is pretty good snow map, takes into account ratio's, or at least tries...

post-2311-0-97400800-1391395189_thumb.pn

I don't understand all this consternation, and hand-wringing.

CC Philly will be the epicenter of the snowfall jackpot. Forget the trends, all of which bear that out this Winter, you have the R/S line at least 20 miles S of Philly proper.

To all my NW suburban friends, as a former Lower Makefield ( Yardley ), and Upper Dublin native, this storm doesn't have the NW/SE orientation which usually favors snow NW. We all start above freezing, but I've been reading reports farther west showing the column cooling remarkably quickly, and these models have locked on for a reason.

8-10" in Philly ( being conservative ) my last call.

I don't understand all this consternation, and hand-wringing.

CC Philly will be the epicenter of the snowfall jackpot. Forget the trends, all of which bear that out this Winter, you have the R/S line at least 20 miles S of Philly proper.

To all my NW suburban friends, as a former Lower Makefield ( Yardley ), and Upper Dublin native, this storm doesn't have the NW/SE orientation which usually favors snow NW. We all start above freezing, but I've been reading reports farther west showing the column cooling remarkably quickly, and these models have locked on for a reason.

8-10" in Philly ( being conservative ) my last call.

So mook.... Are you saying upper Dublin won't make it to 8 - 10"...

If so, I totally disagree with your thinking IF Philly makes it to there!!

Archived