• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 3rd possible snow

Based on qpf or some rain involved?

Mix of both, I think we'll waste some QPF cooling the surface temps, we'll get accumulation if & when the heavy stuff comes for about 3-4 hours. You can see how at the end of the storm the GFS actually warms things up a bit as the heavy stuff starts to lighten up. 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam looks warmish to start no?

Between 9z-12z it looks warm, maybe snow that doesn't stick, or sleet/ mix... but by 7am thats all snow and probably sticking. It looked colder than 12z to my eyes.

Most of the precip we get before 12z is from the cold front anyway, the real stuff comes after dawn. 

Yeah I was referring to 1000-500 thicknesses unsupportive of snow. I suppose if it comes down hard enough we flip to snow sooner.

I think once the heavy rates come in it will stick, It might be a situation where hypothetically if Philly is getting good rates they're snowing and accumulating while 10 miles N isn't...Just a thought...

BTW RGEM looks real good. 

still early in the AM and certainly not as dead as some other forums I frequent....

Yup it's not that dead.  I for one worked all day then visited the parents.....first chance I had all day to post! 

This does look like our kinda storm ;)  (elevation)  Someone on the next page made a post saying Philly could be getting good snowfall rates and accumulating (sticking) where 10 miles north they might not be.  Well, if it's cold enough to snow in Philly it's sticking on my hill, that's for sure lol.  These types of storms are more exiting to me for obvious reasons.... 

Archived