• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 30-February 2nd Wave Train

Chicago Storm

I doubt it gets far enough NW to give your area mixing issues.

Besides that, you have elevation on your side.

It's just pissing me off that this event seems very similar to what Philadelphia saw during the Lions game (with the intense snowfall rates and the huge snowflakes) and we may have mixing issues here. 

I was cringing for you guys to the south seeing the trends today.  :(

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it gets far enough NW to give your area mixing issues.

Besides that, you have elevation on your side.

It's just pissing me off that this event seems very similar to what Philadelphia saw during the Lions game (with the intense snowfall rates and the huge snowflakes) and we may have mixing issues here. 

I could deal with rain with this one if we get hammered by the next storm on the horizon, that's a BIG If though considering that one looks to either blow by us to the north or give us a glancing blow to the south depending on what model you believe.

4 - 10 inches on the P & C for me....despite the spread I feel they are very good numbers issued via LOT ... If I remain completely snow throughout, the 10" is in play ... but at the very least my southern location could experience some time of quite low ratios ... that, plus the fact we are still 24 hours-ish away from the event...

Can't disagree with the numbers

Probably be 3 quick inches...then several hours of crap then another quick 2-3". That is the way I see it. 

We agree. I really think it will go like this for DTW south. Snow (2-5") changing to cold rain (0.25-0.30") ending back as snow (additional 1-2"). We may very well see excellent rates, flake size and low visibility, but Im really doubting it will be all snow. i also have no doubts that the rain will merely soak right into the deep dense snowpack, but Im very interested to see if it will indeed freeze like we had reports of 38F freezing rain in IL a few weeks back.

We agree. I really think it will go like this for DTW south. Snow (2-5") changing to cold rain (0.25-0.30") ending back as snow (additional 1-2"). We may very well see excellent rates, flake size and low visibility, but Im really doubting it will be all snow. i also have no doubts that the rain will merely soak right into the deep dense snowpack, but Im very interested to see if it will indeed freeze like we had reports of 38F freezing rain in IL a few weeks back.

Do you know if we broke that record at DTW? 

Archived