joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 30-February 2nd Wave Train

Chicago Storm

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about you do this? Compare every Major urban City surrounding Toronto including the East Coast since 2008-09 and you tell me what isnt their to complain about? And on that note, goodluck trying to find one good element. 

Kind of getting OT, sorry guys! 

Good thing they are averages over 30 years and not 5...

Yes. That is self evident. I'm not sure how this ties into your argument that we don't have reason to complain.

You are still above normal and will end up above normal, if you are complaining about an above normal year than your standards are rarely going to be met. I think this argument has ran its course though, feel free to take up residency in the complaint thread if this pattern bothers you Toronto posters this much.

You are still above normal and will end up above normal, if you are complaining about an above normal year than your standards are rarely going to be met. I think this argument has ran its course though, feel free to take up residency in the complaint thread if this pattern bothers you Toronto posters this much.

I really think it depends on the year.  2011-12 anyone with above average snowfall who complained was probably certifiably insane, but this is one of the coldest and snowiest winters in the Northern tier of recent vintage, so there will be some who finish around or slightly above average who feel jipped.

I really think it depends on the year.  2011-12 anyone with above average snowfall who complained was probably certifiably insane, but this is one of the coldest and snowiest winters in the Northern tier of recent vintage, so there will be some who finish around or slightly above average who feel jipped.

No it doesn't depend on year, numbers are numbers. Everyone should be happy they are above normal. Like I said unless you are Cyclone77 or Hawkeye you have no room to complain on this unless you are just being patently greedy.

We agree. I really think it will go like this for DTW south. Snow (2-5") changing to cold rain (0.25-0.30") ending back as snow (additional 1-2"). We may very well see excellent rates, flake size and low visibility, but Im really doubting it will be all snow. i also have no doubts that the rain will merely soak right into the deep dense snowpack, but Im very interested to see if it will indeed freeze like we had reports of 38F freezing rain in IL a few weeks back.

After those first two storms and the frigid cold after them earlier in the month when it first started raining my sidewalk was all ice for a while because the ground was frozen so solid that it froze on contact. Didn't notice anything on trees or anything though.

No it doesn't depend on year, numbers are numbers. Everyone should be happy they are above normal. Like I said unless you are Cyclone77 or Hawkeye you have no room to complain on this unless you are just being patently greedy.

Probably can add DLL too. He has had a dry, cold winter so far.

Archived