gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January 25th snow

tmagan

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about 20 minutes worth of false starts here... flurries... to momentarily light snow.... back to a flurry.

That's how it started in Somerset. Despite being under decent radar reflectivities, only a few flakes were falling. But I can assure you, there is some good snow just to your NW. 

So, after 1/2 hour of moderate snow, we have a quick 1/4" of new snow on the ground - nice to whiten everything up - looks nice and fresh.  Would love to at least get 1/2" from this band and maybe another 1/2" from the precip in Central PA, assuming that precip gets here in the mid-afternoon.  Anything over 1" overall would be gravy. 

borderline heavy snow now - really coming down nicely - radar doesn't look as impressive as the snow does, lol.  Not sure if this is going to last more than 5-10 minutes, but right now it's beautiful - time for a quick walk outside...

Yep, just about 6-7 minutes of the nearly heavy snow - back to moderate-moderate snow (i.e., about 0.4 miles visibility).  Oh well.  Did a quick measure and we're at 3/8" in 40 minutes of snow.  Snow seems to have decreased in intensity as per radar.  Should still be enough to get me to at least 1/2" in this band, though. 

Archived