• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 21-22 maybe January 24th potential very cold snow event. It's gonna snow dammit!

weathafella

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone knows that. But some of us enjoy watching last minute trends in obs, radar, and *gasp* models to try to zero in on where the jackpots are likely to setup versus who gets relatively screwed. It's called nowcasting.

Honestly i watch a storm for 3 freaky days , i have little patience for anyone trying to discourage now casting discussion or make calm discussion into panic

This was a great event that trended nw at 48 hrs a great deal . The beauty of the banding imo is there will be have's /have nots and sharp cutoffs and awesome to nowcast and more so just watch unfold.

I wish more mets would comment on the now casting ..sorta like will has done a little -w some detail

Non dare speak of changes or possibility of downward potential changes , it will be called panic , a debby downer, or other non critical thought statements or crafted in some negative tone, that being said we shall see lol.

Band centered hair north of PHL thru NYC and still expanding lifting a tad. Lets see how far NE good lift gets. Im bullish for se ct to ginxy-cold miser and very bearish for HFD

Already reports of 6-7" in Philly area / NW burbs into central NJ at 1pm... they will make 10-14" easy.

RAP brings some of that best lift into southern RI/southeast MA / Cape 23z-1z tnite, should be great reports from out there tonight

Everyone knows that. But some of us enjoy watching last minute trends in obs, radar, and *gasp* models to try to zero in on where the jackpots are likely to setup versus who gets relatively screwed. It's called nowcasting.

Honestly i watch a storm for 3 freaky days , i have little patience for anyone trying to discourage now casting discussion or make calm discussion into panic

This was a great event that trended nw at 48 hrs a great deal . The beauty of the banding imo is there will be have's /have nots and sharp cutoffs and awesome to nowcast and more so just watch unfold.

I wish more mets would comment on the now casting ..sorta like will has done a little -w some detail

Watching the band creep north and see how far ene it sets up, then it pivots and gets e mass /bos late for a bit

Already reports of 6-7" in Philly area / NW burbs into central NJ at 1pm... they will make 10-14" easy.

RAP brings some of that best lift into southern RI/southeast MA / Cape 23z-1z tnite, should be great reports from out there tonight

Ya i was liking Philly area where band sets up for foot plus for a while, but my money right now is Long Island j pot. Very interested to see e ct in a hr or two

Looks like it makes a run for kev's weenie in a hr

It's not far..Seems to be progressing north fairly quickly..let's pray the RAP has a clue..if it does..we rock old skool NWA/Public Enemy/Kool G Rap all night..if not we rap MC Lyte and Queen latifah

i could see you doing a naked run around tolland with a big boom box on your shoulders blasting Onyx's "Slam".

nowcasting is honestly my favorite part of a storm…which is why probably 75% of my posts are usually obs posts as the storm is ongoing. I honestly don't feel there's much to add 4 days out from a storm where models will waffle a half dozen time before the storm even arrives. Unless there's big changes in a model run…there's no point in adding to the 20 posts commenting on the GFS run being 20 miles further N than the last run. 

In any case…looks like I have to admit I was wrong about decent banding making it W of coastal New London county. 

Archived