• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 21-22 maybe January 24th potential very cold snow event. It's gonna snow dammit!

weathafella

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol::facepalm:

This is definitely not a classic snow event for SNE in terms of look and track...but somehow should throw decent snows pretty far weast because of our friend frontogenesis. I think BOX map may be a little on the heavy side.

After each storm in have been going back and trying to read post'd and see what may have happend transpired, and how models may have trended and or been off (to learn something and not just be a weenie)

Scott pointed out to me in this storm that lift esp 7H VV's would be a very good tool to watch where banding set up.

It seems to me i had a very legit concern that 128 belt would be screwed, yet im met w mostly bs comments even when i point out that the gfs (in subsequent 6z and 12z runs) cut lift back a good deal from 5z thru like 12z) over e ma esp bos area north. It really just shredded significant lift. I didnt get feedback saying "well the trailing short wave entering the base of the trough is gonna rob forcing on the northern extent of the trough (which was being reflected in the lift really reduced in some late nite and am model runs once the band was suppose to allign more N-S and really hit bos and the area i live more.

Now since i am trying to learn and for next time , how could I have better brought up concerns with out some thinking knee jerk panic or face palms, b tbh im tryin to learn more and i get a bit of a vibe that some dont want to hear anything negative during now cast or for some reason some take any post that is not pro "more snow" as "panic" . This is a serious question and i thank all mets and esp. scott for giving me a clue of some thing to look at (7H VV)in this last storm. I know there were more factors but im trying To figure out why some were very concerned about trends in last several hrs and some didnt want to foster any discussion about it.

Archived