• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 21-22 maybe January 24th potential very cold snow event. It's gonna snow dammit!

weathafella

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RAP model has looked really good from about HVN to Ginxy's area up through RI and to BOS metro for later this evening the past couple runs.

Yeah, I'm liking the looks of it. Just anxious to get things actually started precip-wise in this area.

We'll take what we can get. Considering just a couple days ago it looked like we'd be staring at bare ground during the length of this next arctic outbreak…I'm happy with whatever we pull out of this.

The band is already starting to make it's trip across the sound. I would be shocked if it doesn't reach the ct coast

Usually good frontogenetical banding here in the northeast during storms occurs with a comma head but the stuff over Long Island is a classic case of frontogenesis produced by deformation and confluence due to in large part to the approach of a positively tilted trough. They should get croaked. I'm jealously watching my brothers webcam down there on Eastern Long Island. Too bad I'm probably not gonna see any snow due to this setup though.

post-13-0-81657600-1390328498_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-33338100-1390328511_thumb.jpg

As has been said, critical spoiler here is the followup shortwave emerging off Carolinas... simply put, the weaker that is, the better SNE fares. Meso features aside, that seems to be one critical piece that is changing this beast synoptically and will rob us of the more widespread 8"+ and limit best stuff to south coastal SNE / Cape.

I don't have good internet access during the day... someone should nowcast that feature / check verifications vs. RAP/HRRR as we head into the evening.

where is ginxy from?

Hi, I live in Moosup Ct one house away from Sterling Ct about 5 miles from Foster RI. Some light snow falling, this storm reminds me of 12/21/09 , good luck to all. Us southern boys have been on the edge of good snows this winter hopefully we can enjoy a nice band. Deep deep winter as far as the weenie one eye can see.

also…some drier air working its way into W CT. Definitely can see how it's gonna keep the best banding from HVN east. I expect to see the banding even struggle to make it to HVN. 

Snow has pretty much stopped here just some flurries now. I'm eagerly awaiting that LI band which I've been watching for the last couple of hours slowly trudge northward, and it's just about on my door step now, so things should pick up here in a bit.

Usually good frontogenetical banding here in the northeast during storms occurs with a comma head but the stuff over Long Island is a classic case of frontogenesis produced by deformation and confluence due to in large part to the approach of a positively tilted trough. They should get croaked. I'm jealously watching my brothers webcam down there on Eastern Long Island. Too bad I'm probably not gonna see any snow due to this setup though.

Great post, they are getting smoked, wonder if we see a reoccurrence of the LI expressway nightmare

Archived