• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
0z Model Discussion (1/2/14)

user13

I agree...it's a bit too much. From others and myself. But on the opposite end of the spectrum, the "this run is more amped so far through 12 hours" is the same thing. Speculation based on lack of knowledge. And should be looked at just the same as posting that the run is not as good 30 hours through it

No..more amped through 12 hours just means more amped through 12 hours..stop trying to assume you know what's going to happen next and let the run finish and someone knowledgeable do the play by play

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With this evening's run of the NAM, it appears that the models have fallen into a broad consensus that the greater NYC area will see 0.40"-0.65" qpf with a little more across eastern Long Island. All in all, this should be a good, high-ratio storm. It's certainly a lot more than the worries posted a few days ago that the region would pick up little or no snow. In short, enjoy the snow and its being coupled with a shot of extreme cold. I, for one, am looking forward to the event and the cold that will follow as the storm peaks and winds down.

With this evening's run of the NAM, it appears that the models have fallen into a broad consensus that the greater NYC area will see 0.40"-0.65" qpf with a little more across eastern Long Island. All in all, this should be a good, high-ratio storm. It's certainly a lot more than the worries posted a few days ago that the region would pick up little or no snow. In short, enjoy the snow and its being coupled with a shot of extreme cold. I, for one, am looking forward to the event and the cold that will follow as the storm peaks and winds down.

Absolutely Don. Thanks as always.

1 plus. Thank you. I think there's going to be some nice surprises with this.

Archived