joxey
0z Model Discussion (1/2/14)

user13

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPF Problem on NAM

January 1 09:40 PM

I am not a QPF fan but it appears the NAM 12KM is 2 to 3 times above what is actually printed out on our site, and its counterweight is to decrease snow by 2 to 3 times. The HIRES looks good.

Let Ryan know about it

They are aware

Hey it is going to snow their you go enjoy, one robust band can make all the difference. Slow down ma nature is going to deliver hang around these boards long enough and you will find out about pissing on sparkplugs for a dusting                                                                         :lmao:

Nice to see all the actual model discussion in here, lol. And really? You guys haven't figured out weatherbell's maps are ALWAYS too high? lol

this wasnt the usual snowmap....this was straight qpf, had wb for a few weeks now and this kind of error I havent seen before....just straight up twice ncep and stormvistas derived products

Thank you guys, I was happy for you all, but because of a few posters bickering at each other I am going to take a break from the site. It sickens me to see people post nonsense 24/7 and not have any action taken against them. Until certain people are 5 ppd you won't be seeing me around here. In all honesty you should just take the 4-8 the models are showing and enjoy it. I'll be back when this all gets sorted out and for those who are just innocent bystanders enjoy the storm.

Thank you guys, I was happy for you all, but because of a few posters bickering at each other I am going to take a break from the site. It sickens me to see people post nonsense 24/7 and not have any action taken against them. Until certain people are 5 ppd you won't be seeing me around here. In all honesty you should just take the 4-8 the models are showing and enjoy it. I'll be back when this all gets sorted out and for those who are just innocent bystanders enjoy the storm.

This!

The 00z RGEM is the only model that I've seen with a negatively tilted trough.

The RGEM/NAM look good...the RGEM had random sucker holes all around NYC...it looked like just trying to total the QPF that Queens would have had 1-2 tenths more liquid...again as someone else said...its 0.40-0.70 in most of the area depending where you are...problem is models always overdo QPF...I still think this is mainly 4-7 inches most areas using the typical cutting back of QPF.

The RGEM/NAM look good...the RGEM had random sucker holes all around NYC...it looked like just trying to total the QPF that Queens would have had 1-2 tenths more liquid...again as someone else said...its 0.40-0.70 in most of the area depending where you are...problem is models always overdo QPF...I still think this is mainly 4-7 inches most areas using the typical cutting back of QPF.

i disagree with you on the fact that models underdo qpf. so far this season, models have underdone the precip and every storm has come in wetter. not going to say that will be the case, but it has been the trend for a few months now.

Archived