• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
0z Model Discussion (1/2/14)

user13

The low is popping off the SC coast. Not sure how great this is going to turn out but H5 looks good.

exactly, h5 looks great and it certainly helped that its showing the lead vort gone quickly.

also, is there another site that gets the model runs quicker, NCEP still showing NAM out to hr12....

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be 2 or 3 people going over the model. This "it looks weaker", "storm cancel" etc clutter is ridiculous coming from people who don't know what they're talking about or venting. Use the banter thread.

Amen there should be designated members who analyze models and report findings to the members.u

There should be 2 or 3 people going over the model. This "it looks weaker", "storm cancel" etc clutter is ridiculous coming from people who don't know what they're talking about or venting. Use the banter thread.

I agree...it's a bit too much. From others and myself. But on the opposite end of the spectrum, the "this run is more amped so far through 12 hours" is the same thing. Speculation based on lack of knowledge. And should be looked at just the same as posting that the run is not as good 30 hours through it

Given how low the temps will be with 20:1 ratios looking likely for many, there could be numerous 10-12" reports even with .50" of QPF. If the pattern was a bit less progressive, this could have been a monster but there's a reason why those types of storms are very rare. I think 6-10" is very fair for most around here and honestly I could see the models continue to shift as the storm is ongoing because there still seems to be some confusion on how they're handling the storm. 

Archived