Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from walking the dog who wanted to stay out and play in the snow. Work ftl.

Around an inch or so with light snow. Tiny powdery flakes now though some ocean enhancement seems to want to form based in radar,

Said radar seems to have a relatively weak band moving into Kevin's area so that may be his snow observation.

A couple of CT schools post cancellations on channel 22 in springfield.  It looks like Somers (not sure where that is) is doing an early dismissal.  Gotta let them out for the lull.

THink a lot of schools mighit should have been able to open today.  Desean on the cancel.

Somers is the town just west of me and south of East Longmeadow/Springfield.  Chicopee actually cancelled school for today and tomorrow yesterday.  If I was a parent in a school district that cancelled today, I'd be fairly miffed today, especially if the sun peaks out.  Thankfully we homeschool so school never closes.

nothing on radar here and the snow has not stopped 

Just back from walking the dog who wanted to stay out and play in the snow. Work ftl.

Around an inch or so with light snow. Tiny powdery flakes now though some ocean enhancement seems to want to form based in radar,

Said radar seems to have a relatively weak band moving into Kevin's area so that may be his snow observation.

Just arrived in the Newark airport where it is overcast and relatively warm (30 degrees). My flight to Albany is still on time (scheduled to depart at 7:26am) but I am very worried as snow has become steady over Albany with a temperature of 3 degrees. Plan B is to take the Train back if the flight gets canceled. Could be an interesting day traveling in the snow.

Just arrived in the Newark airport where it is overcast and relatively warm (30 degrees). My flight to Albany is still on time (scheduled to depart at 7:26am) but I am very worried as snow has become steady over Albany with a temperature of 3 degrees. Plan B is to take the Train back if the flight gets canceled. Could be an interesting day traveling in the snow.

I can relate.  Driving CON to BOS shortly to fly to ORD and then SFO.  I don't know the parameters for cancellations.  I assume they can take off, but landing is harder.  Delays due to plowing and deicing.  Probably depends upon where your light originated.

I can relate. Driving CON to BOS shortly to fly to ORD and then SFO. I don't know the parameters for cancellations. I assume they can take off, but landing is harder. Delays due to plowing and deicing. Probably depends upon where your light originated.

Sounds like we are switching places. I was in SFO two days ago for New Years! Boarded the plane now to ALB so hopefully everything continues to remain on schedule. Hope your flights also go off without a hitch!

Somers is the town just west of me and south of East Longmeadow/Springfield.  Chicopee actually cancelled school for today and tomorrow yesterday.  If I was a parent in a school district that cancelled today, I'd be fairly miffed today, especially if the sun peaks out.  Thankfully we homeschool so school never closes.

I work from home, so unless I'm slated to be away for work, snow days to impact us too much.  Just more interruptions than I typically would have.

Archived