CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here too. I think we're getting in on a little ocean enhancement, even back here into Lowell.

This is percisely what happened in that event....a protracted and pedestrian, albeit it very cold event, in which we endured our way to about 9", while on the s shore the ocean gave a joe-$hit-the-ragman event off of the street a grand makeover into an illustrious 2' beast.

Never forget the aura of "wtf" about me when seeing video from a S Weymouth plaza just buried in epic depths, as the system raged on...all the while in Wilmington I'm left feeling like the fat kid sitting by himself at the prom.

You win some, you lose some.

How'd that play out across the region?

7.7/5

sn

2" down, lull on the doorstep.

This is percisely what happened in that event....a protracted and pedestrian, albeit it very cold event, in which we endured our way to about 9", while on the s shore the ocean gave a joe-$hit-the-ragman event off of the street a grand makeover into an illustrious 2' beast.

Never forget the aura of "wtf" about me when seeing video from a S Weymouth plaza just buried in epic depths, as the system raged on...all the while in Wilmington I'm left feeling like the fat kid sitting by himself at the prom.

You win some, you lose some.

Actually highlands just w /sw of albany look to be taking cake this am.

25 to isolated (30+) dbz near Rick in Knox. Wonder how totals are there by early pm. In that county just wsw of ALB i would think 6-10 by 2pm.

Meso's hittin that area w pretty high qpf , which would amount to over a foot in favored spots

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ALY&product=PNS

Just going off what others collect in surrounding environs. I saw Hanrahan had 1 inch in Weha with liquid eqiv of .08..so that's not 20:1

How about you?  What will you be doing?

Here at the office we'll be melting down precip every 6 hours. It was straight 10:1 from 06z to 12z.

I'm not sure how this changed from previous, but the date stamp had it modified at 7:15a.m.

Sometimes it doesn't change. We have to update the text product every 8 hours, and that (at least at GYX) triggers a script that send the storm total to the web. It's also nice to update the time stamp so everybody knows we're still happy with those totals.

To be frank, I don't know what many mets have been smoking over the course of the past few days....especially DT.

Well, I think a lot of them have been smart to go 6-10" for a lot of the region. That is a big range and should verify.

But the NECN single amount thing is disturbing. 12" looks out of reach

I doubt DT looked really closely at New England. If he didn't he prob should not be putting those maps up

I feel like crap today.

Actually highlands just w /sw of albany look to be taking cake this am.

25 to isolated (30+) dbz near Rick in Knox. Wonder how totals are there by early pm. In that county just wsw of ALB i would think 6-10 by 2pm.

Meso's hittin that area w pretty high qpf , which would amount to over a foot in favored spots

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ALY&product=PNS

Yeah--I had commented that Rick was likely doing good.  Great to see that.

Sometimes it doesn't change. We have to update the text product every 8 hours, and that (at least at GYX) triggers a script that send the storm total to the web. It's also nice to update the time stamp so everybody knows we're still happy with those totals.

Thanks--helpful.

Archived