Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hybrid frisbee storm - December 31-January 2

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is drier, enjoy everyone.

Yeah the trend of the season continues.  We peak around 60hrs out moisture wise, only to dry out by 24hrs out.  It's looking like any system with real moisture this year will unfortunately be associated with precip type issues much like the last storm.  So far it's been a season of loser storm systems.  For those of us who aren't blessed to be living within 15 miles of a giant freshwater lake this season is looking pretty bleak at this point when it comes to significant events.

Yeah the trend of the season continues.  We peak around 60hrs out moisture wise, only to dry out by 24hrs out.  It's looking like any system with real moisture this year will unfortunately be associated with precip type issues much like the last storm.  So far it's been a season of loser storm systems.  For those of us who aren't blessed to be living within 15 miles of a giant freshwater lake this season is looking pretty bleak at this point when it comes to significant events.

Yes, this pattern needs to be changed, but until this -EPO goes away expect more of the same.

I'm normally a big weenie for snow, but tomorrow I am playing a gig in Uptown at 8 and then heading to the Rockford area for a party at 10. I wouldn't mind for once to be disappointed here due to my travel plans. I hate to bother anyone, but how heavy is the precip/wind going to be in the 10-1130 timeframe in northeast IL?

Yes, this pattern needs to be changed, but until this -EPO goes away expect more of the same.

Well without the -EPO, the raging +AO/NAO would be disastrous for us. But if we want to see some decent storm formation, we need the Atlantic to cooperate. The models do bring down the AO anomaly closer to neutral; however, we still lack warm stratospheric temperatures and no sign of any SSW yet.

Its more of a hybrid La Nada pattern right now and has been since November.

Another dried up piece of sh!t storm lol.

Despite all the wobbles in track, virtually every model, with every blip in QPF and track has maintained at least 6" for northern Ohio. At this point, my biggest concern is that this thing trends much drier versus a miss in either direction.

CLE:

THERE IS STILL A BIT OF
UNCERTAINTY WITH THE TRACK AND TIMING OF THE LOW BUT ALL MODELS
INDICATE THAT THE HEAVIER SWATH OF SNOW WILL BE ACROSS NORTH OHIO
INTO NW PA. WE HAVE MODIFIED THE AREA OF THE WINTER STORM WATCH
SLIGHTLY IN AN ATTEMPT TO GIVE BETTER TIMING OF THE STORM SYSTEM
ACROSS THE REGION. AS MENTIONED ABOVE THE HEAVIER SNOW WILL SPREAD
INTO THE REGION WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY. AS
WINDS BECOME NORTHERLY WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY THERE WILL
LIKELY BE SOME ENHANCEMENT OF THE SNOWFALL AS MOISTURE IS PULLED
OFF OF LAKE ERIE. THIS COULD PROVIDE FOR HIGHER SNOWFALL AMOUNTS
FOR ALL LOCATIONS FROM THE CENTRAL HIGHLANDS NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS
NE OHIO. AS THE STORM EXITS ON THURSDAY THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL
LIKELY FOCUS FROM ASHTABULA COUNTY WESTWARD TO LORAIN AND ASHLAND
COUNTIES. BY THE TIME THE STORM ENDS MANY LOCATIONS WILL LIKELY
RECEIVE 6 TO 10 INCHES...LOCALLY HIGHER WHERE THE BEST LAKE
ENHANCED SNOWFALL OCCURS.

I'm normally a big weenie for snow, but tomorrow I am playing a gig in Uptown at 8 and then heading to the Rockford area for a party at 10. I wouldn't mind for once to be disappointed here due to my travel plans. I hate to bother anyone, but how heavy is the precip/wind going to be in the 10-1130 timeframe in northeast IL?

bad timing and I live on the border of Uptown and Edgewater. :)

LOT mentions the possibility of modest accums before midnight so, driving around 10 would probably be worst case.

My Indiana calls. Potential higher for FWA and SBN, especially SBN if the fgen snows over perform. Might be too bullish for LAF as we're stuck in no man's land between the initial banding...and the follow up wave that passes to the south. With that, IND may have a chance to go a little higher if the more "vigorous" wave #2 solutions pan out.

FWA: 3-5"

IND: 1-2"

LAF: 1-2"

OKK: 2-4"

MIE: 2-4"

SBN: 5-7"

Well without the -EPO, the raging +AO/NAO would be disastrous for us. But if we want to see some decent storm formation, we need the Atlantic to cooperate. The models do bring down the AO anomaly closer to neutral; however, we still lack warm stratospheric temperatures and no sign of any SSW yet.

Its more of a hybrid La Nada pattern right now and has been since November.

Another dried up piece of sh!t storm lol.

Without the -EPO we would probably be sitting at +4 instead of -4 and be staring at open water on lakes and green grass.

QUICK NOTE OF CONTD FLUX WITH 06 UTC NAM BENT ON DOUBLING DOWN ACRS NRN TWO COUNTY TIER OF CWA WITH BOTH EVENTS...SEEMINGLY TOO FAR NORTH WITH LOW LEVEL BAROCLINIC ZONE AND ON FAST SIDE WITH MAJORITY OF SNOWFALL WED AND LARGELY DISMISSED. OVERALL...06 UTC NAM EXCLUDED...

I don't want to burst the MI posters' bubble, but Pat Murphy at IWX says don't put your eggs in the NAM basket.

Archived