Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hybrid frisbee storm - December 31-January 2

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Indiana calls. Potential higher for FWA and SBN, especially SBN if the fgen snows over perform. Might be too bullish for LAF as we're stuck in no man's land between the initial banding...and the follow up wave that passes to the south. With that, IND may have a chance to go a little higher if the more "vigorous" wave #2 solutions pan out.

FWA: 3-5"

IND: 1-2"

LAF: 1-2"

OKK: 2-4"

MIE: 2-4"

SBN: 5-7"

Good luck getting accurate reports from SBN. The last I heard, they once again do not have an official snow observer. 

I'm kind of liking where I sit. My snowfall prediction may bust hard for FWA, but I don't care if I get 5" or more, lol.

Good luck getting accurate reports from SBN. The last I heard, they once again do not have an official snow observer. 

I'm kind of liking where I sit. My snowfall prediction may bust hard for FWA, but I don't care if I get 5" or more, lol.

Yeah, that sucks about SBN. I'll just have to go by local COOP/CoCoRaHS observers to verify.

And yeah, looking good up there. Good luck.

My Indiana calls. Potential higher for FWA and SBN, especially SBN if the fgen snows over perform. Might be too bullish for LAF as we're stuck in no man's land between the initial banding...and the follow up wave that passes to the south. With that, IND may have a chance to go a little higher if the more "vigorous" wave #2 solutions pan out.

FWA: 3-5"

IND: 1-2"

LAF: 1-2"

OKK: 2-4"

MIE: 2-4"

SBN: 5-7"

Yeah, definitely looks like 1-2" is a good call at best around here..  I had about 10 flakes in my driveway this morning! :lol:

QUICK NOTE OF CONTD FLUX WITH 06 UTC NAM BENT ON DOUBLING DOWN ACRS NRN TWO COUNTY TIER OF CWA WITH BOTH EVENTS...SEEMINGLY TOO FAR NORTH WITH LOW LEVEL BAROCLINIC ZONE AND ON FAST SIDE WITH MAJORITY OF SNOWFALL WED AND LARGELY DISMISSED. OVERALL...06 UTC NAM EXCLUDED...

I don't want to burst the MI posters' bubble, but Pat Murphy at IWX says don't put your eggs in the NAM basket.

Any MI poster holding a lot of hope on the NAM are just setting themselves up for massive disappointment.

QUICK NOTE OF CONTD FLUX WITH 06 UTC NAM BENT ON DOUBLING DOWN ACRS NRN TWO COUNTY TIER OF CWA WITH BOTH EVENTS...SEEMINGLY TOO FAR NORTH WITH LOW LEVEL BAROCLINIC ZONE AND ON FAST SIDE WITH MAJORITY OF SNOWFALL WED AND LARGELY DISMISSED. OVERALL...06 UTC NAM EXCLUDED...

I don't want to burst the MI posters' bubble, but Pat Murphy at IWX says don't put your eggs in the NAM basket.

Oh by no means do I expect the nam to verify. ..it woulfd just be awesome if it did. 6z gfs/rgem bumped up their qpf in southern MI too though. So I can't complain about where I sit. Expecting a long duration snowfall.

hoping this is one of those systems where we spend the next year or two saying "remember that one time the NAM was right" when it's radically different than everything else on the table.

lol....but in all honesty there was much better sampling for the "Wed night system" in today's 12Z model runs....so let's see if it's a trend for the suite or just the NAM doing NAM things

Archived