amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Hybrid frisbee storm - December 31-January 2

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending now how tomorrow plays out, both RC and I think an upgrade to a warning here could be justified.

LOT had an interesting note about the best snows setting up tonight just south of the model QPF axis

HRRR/RAP still pretty far north, we'll see if they start adjusting slowly south like usual

Depending now how tomorrow plays out, both RC and I think an upgrade to a warning here could be justified.

LOT had an interesting note about the best snows setting up tonight just south of the model QPF axis

seems correct...no extreme drying trend of note...and the plumes can't be denied for LOT from what it looks like...how did the DGZ look off the 12Z NAM?

I think LOT is handling everything pretty solidly thus far from the disco's to the headlines

As discussed yesterday, probably Dec 2010...killer rates 6-8" north shore.

Seems like I see a 3-5" LE hit every few years.

EDIT: one other note on LE, some of the earlier hi res guidance was showing a mesolow like feature in between the two waves and prior to the main LE. Something to watch.

Wow, Alek is excited. BRING IT ma nature!

Regarding the NAM and its higher totals today/tonight, should be in a good range to sniff out the fgen banding, maybe even more so than the GFS because of the NAM's higher resolution. On the day of the event the NAM performed very well with the February events last winter. We'll see about it being the farthest north with tomorrow's wave, but good to see the positive trends on the other guidance too.

Regarding the NAM and its higher totals today/tonight, should be in a good range to sniff out the fgen banding, maybe even more so than the GFS because of the NAM's higher resolution. On the day of the event the NAM performed very well with the February events last winter. We'll see about it being the farthest north with tomorrow's wave.

Sent from my SCH-I535

In the office at all over the next 60 hours? 

Archived