Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 29th System

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There might only be a 15 mile wide swath that does well with it borderline on either side, literally where the best band sets up.

I was speculating on that earlier...saying how it could be a narrow stripe of 6-8" and either side gets like 2-3" of slop.

We'll have to see how it evolves over the next few hours...but the early signs aren't the greatest for widespread snows. The meat of the lift comes through around or just prior to 00z, so still some time yet.

Pretty pitiful for 12/29...  What is this April 10th?  lol

I was speculating on that earlier...saying how it could be a narrow stripe of 6-8" and either side gets like 2-3" of slop.

We'll have to see how it evolves over the next few hours...but the early signs aren't the greatest for widespread snows. The meat of the lift comes through around or just prior to 00z, so still some time yet.

We'll have to see how it evolves over the next few hours...but the early signs aren't the greatest for widespread snows. The meat of the lift comes through around 00z, so still some time yet.

Yeah I don't have the best feeling for nrn ORH county, but I feel like Brian may still pull a pasty several inches or more. I think normally I would be bearish on this with temps that warm at 925mb, but with it being near 0C and what looks to be a great mid level look...I don't see how this is a deformation catpaw band for him. Now maybe it's 800' and above that do well....that is certainly possible...but I'm banking on the mid levels creating some 32F magic for him. It will be interesting to see if this works out. NAM has incredible lift by the way.

Box has dropped all advisories for MA and lowered snow probabilities to <1" anywhere but maybe a hilltop in Warwick or Ashburnham lol.

The 2-5" advisories were weird and not many really expected that much in mass, anyway. Not sure why those were put out in the first place. Seems like if they stuck with their original forecast they would have been fine.

BOX is ridiculous. About as consistent as the NAVGEM.

I didn't get why they had advisories in the first place. There wasn't much support for them....though admittedly there is bust potential in these types of storms. But usually you'd like to be confdent to issue those headlines I would think.

I didn't get why they had advisories in the first place. There wasn't much support for them....though admittedly there is bust potential in these types of storms. But usually you'd like to be confdent to issue those headlines I would think.

They also had HWW on the cape for 30-40 G50mph. That's not even criteria. I don't understand why they sway from that.

Archived