wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January Pattern Discussion

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro looks like it may be a step in the right direction for the 1/3 event.  Pretty moisture laden at 132 from the gulf, cold air is in the place.  High pressure over Northern MI looks to be in a good place if it continues to slide east.  Could be a bonified Miller A IF the precip shield doesn't get crushed.

Edit: The high drops down to Ohio in Hr 150.  Effectively crushing any precip.  BUT at least the cold air is in place in this run (versus the warm last run).  the differences between 12z and 0z is very uncharacteristic for the Euro.

Euro looks like it may be a step in the right direction for the 1/3 event.  Pretty moisture laden at 132 from the gulf, cold air is in the place.  High pressure over Northern MI looks to be in a good place if it continues to slide east.  Could be a bonified Miller A IF the precip shield doesn't get crushed.

Very compressed and flat flow overhead and to the n. Verbatim it can't do much except swim. 

Agreed. The Euro also shows us not getting out of the low-mid 20's on the 3rd.  Cold day.

I'm good both globals at this lead. SS vort on the euro being suppressed only has one place to go. 12z is a step from 0z. GEFS has some euro like solutions as well. I suppose it's very possible for everything to stay underneath us but not much has this year. Quite the opposite. 

Very compressed and flat flow overhead and to the n. Verbatim it can't do much except swim. 

The euro flow can nickle us and actually does give us 0.10" liquid eq as snow.   That doesn't mean much.  Still lots of uncertainty. While I'm not super happy with the Jan 1-3 period, I'm not ready to completely write it off for an inch or greater snow event.

Ji, I'm not really excited by the long range GEFS ens mean, as long as it keeps heights high along and south of Nova Scotia, we'll have trouble holding cold air in with any strong system.  I also don't like the ridge backing up so far int he Pacific and going back to a negative PNA. 

Maybe I thought I saw 0.10 but could have misread it. 

no..I am just assuming it won't be an inch..but I think you are right...

once this rain storm nicks us, we are northern stream dominant the whole run...pretty much what I figured by this point in winter..cold=weak southern stream

Euro is awful slow moving the ss vort across the sw and mexico. Seen that a million times. 

That is a Euro Bias-- not saying it's wrong this time, but it's legit. Could just exit earlier and get sheared, but..

we know it doesn't matter...it will be impotent and a non factor

Archived