SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Pattern Discussion

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z Euro has 2 storm chances...one this weekend and one the middle of next week. 6z GFS has similar scenarios at both time frames although of course the details differ. 6z GEFS is modest supportive of the weekend event at least.

Weekend looks iffy but possible I think. It's the 3rd sw in line so it's going to be a pretty short lead event. We could get lucky.

22nd'ish timeframe is much more interesting. 0z euro ens members are less bullish than 12z but I'm not sure it means much if anything at this point. Euro ens mixed for the weekend but enough show something to keep it interesting.

Lr euro ensembles look pretty crazy towards the end. Almost the entire country is below normal. D10-15 are solid bn here but it gets cold for almost the entire conus through the end of the run. Split flow signal as well.

Imo- our best chance is mid next week. It's the first prog'd storm with moisture streaming up from the gulf. Doesn't look like chances stop there. Pretty active through the end of the month.

Heh..if you look at Sim Radar at 84 NAM is trying to drum up something.  

But.

It's

The.

NAM

It certainly is more interesting than tomorrows event..it has a chance to produce more. Euro had a big snowstorm............

for boston

The D+11 analogs from both the Euro ens mean and GEFS both look nice and cold with above normal chances of snow.  Today's GEFS ens mean actually has a KU storm as one of the analogs.....01/16/2003.  I think that's pushing it but the pattern is certainly a better than average one for the area. 

The D+11 analogs from both the Euro ens mean and GEFS both look nice and cold with above normal chances of snow.  Today's GEFS ens mean actually has a KU storm as one of the analogs.....01/16/2003.  I think that's pushing it but the pattern is certainly a better than average one for the area. 

your going to do an article? I dont remember a 1/16/2003 KU. I think i complained that month about lack of snow. Are you referring to 2/16/2003?

d8 has a couple ok ones too centered within a day or 2.

1/6/03 

1/16/65

1/19/61

:o

I might be in.

I have been waiting for this post for 3 years. Hallelujah  :snowing: .

Archived