• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 24-30th Clippers

Chicago Storm

I'm going to downtown tomorrow to watch the Hockey game at the ACC :D. I'll take some pictures. Still over 40,000 people without power in the city. 

And in my area I have about 6.5-7" on the ground. The trees looked beautiful this morning. A picture perfect scene, no doubt. I must say, it was the best Christmas in a while. 

Hbu?

lol...1" on the ground. Our nice scenes were last week with 9" on the ground...but your ice storm kinda gave me plenty of unwanted fog and rain.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol...1" on the ground. Our nice scenes were last week with 9" on the ground...but your ice storm kinda gave me plenty of unwanted fog and rain.

Ahh, that sucks man. Did that 1" come today or on Christmas? 

Lmao, true but you escaped the extensive damage we in Toronto had to endure. Thousands had to spend Christmas and the past few days in the dark without heat. Even though it left behind a picture perfect scenery, the damage is still significant across the area. 

But like you, i hate rain. I rather have a decent snow cover right thru the Winter season but that rarely happens, lol. 

The latest GFS looks intriguing. Its trying to bring back a storm in the first 5 days of January. 

Ahh, that sucks man. Did that 1" come today or on Christmas? 

Lmao, true but you escaped the extensive damage we in Toronto had to endure. Thousands had to spend Christmas and the past few days in the dark without heat. Even though it left behind a picture perfect scenery, the damage is still significant across the area. 

But like you, i hate rain. I rather have a decent snow cover right thru the Winter season but that rarely happens, lol. 

The latest GFS looks intriguing. Its trying to bring back a storm in the first 5 days of January. 

Well, last night. It did snow midday Christmas day, 0.2", and the dusting stayed on the streets all day, the sky stayed slate gray, and its amazing what the slightest dusting can do to brighten up gray snowbanks. Not a white Christmas, but Ive seen worse. Plus I look at Christmas as a season, and it has been white. Ma Nature just did her best grinch impersonation for us for the big day lol. And I agree, I wouldnt want the destruction of an ice storm.

8am snowdepth

12/09: 1

12/10: 1

12/11: 1

12/12: 1

12/13: 1

12/14: 2

12/15: 9

12/16: 8

12/17: 9

12/18: 8

12/19: 8

12/20: 5

12/21: 2

12/22: 1

12/23: T

12/24: T

12/25: T

12/26: 1

I'm going to downtown tomorrow to watch the Hockey game at the ACC :D. I'll take some pictures. Still over 40,000 people without power in the city. 

Hbu?

Last i heard it 48,000 "customers" w/out power. Could be still over 100,000 people affected.

This burst of 6-7 cm really brought out the droopiness of trees still laden with ice and now snow.

You've been in a good spot this week. I picked up 12.1" from December 8-18th.....and 1.8" from December 19-27th.

I hope next week continues the way it did this week. Hoping to get to 20" for the season by the end of the 31st.

18z GFS shows this much accumulation in the next 6.5 days.

post-2499-0-40991300-1388184266_thumb.pn

I like the small C-1 events for they make me busy and are EZ on the equipment. With that said I would still like to see something epic this winter to punish all the other contractors who are not prepared and are in over their heads. Looking at the forecast this week on EC "The Clipper Express" might be running for another week after this refreshing warm spell.

not just being a NIMBY...pattern doesn't support much north wiggle room. maybe LE scraps

We'll see. I don't think the areas to receive are a lock at this point. Let the models figure out how far south the vortex is going to drop...then we can start honing in. You're still very much in play right now, IMO.

Archived