joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 24-30th Clippers

Chicago Storm

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just had a solid burst of SN+ just as we got home from a family party....went for a walk with the kids in their PJ's (and boots).....it's not that cold out and with no wind it was an absolute perfect way to cap off Christmas....big flakes...trying to catch them in the mouth with the kids...perfect

about an inch....but I will go measure after I get the kiddies tucked in and also add a picture of the mini rippage we had a little while ago

I'm estimating 1" in southeast Naperville, but since Gilbert is right nearby and had 1.5", guess it was a little more than that.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I was figuring an inch as well....but did a couple measurements and they all were AOA 1.5 .... there was a nice big burst of larger dendrites towards the end which probably helped

EDIT:  and I liked your story about the walk...sounds similar to what we did (ours a little more spur of the moment with little ones)...but glad you got to enjoy the weather a bit considering your job usually calls for stress when the "fun" weather comes...cheers and happy holidays

I'm estimating 1" in southeast Naperville, but since Gilbert is right nearby and had 1.5", guess it was a little more than that.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I was figuring an inch as well....but did a couple measurements and they all were AOA 1.5 .... there was a nice big burst of larger dendrites towards the end which probably helped

Just measured 1" but not too scientific, on the back deck of the house I'm at, so I'd probably trust your measurement more. Nice little event, even better because it happened on Christmas.

Wow... I got up for a bathroom run and looked out the window. It looks like we got at least 3" since around midnight when I went to bed, maybe more. Definitely more than I expected. Altogether there looks to be at least 6" on the ground here and the radar looks like it'll be snowing for a couple more hours.

Archived